new project on my list: writing a book

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Yesterday I talked with a young women and we will write a book together. This book will be based on my diploma thesis which I had to write during my studies at university. But we will also add a lot of new information.
We are still at the beginning, but I hope that we will be able to manage this project and to find a publisher for that.

Chilli :party:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Good luck! I've always wanted to write a book but can never organize my thoughts enough to get started. May I ask what the book will be about?

Debbieoz

Retire Member
May 21, 2008
Rural Kansas
That is so cool. I've always wanted to write a book. I have lots of notes about characters and settings in my computer. Just haven't figured out how to put it all down so that someone else might enjoy it. Keep us posted on how it's going.

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
MrsSoup said:
Good luck! I've always wanted to write a book but can never organize my thoughts enough to get started. May I ask what the book will be about?

It will be non-fiction.
I wrote my diploma thesis about CSR (Corporate social responsibility) in the European Union. The exact title is (translated): This will be the basis but we have rewrite several parts otherwise it will not be so easy to read. Furthermore we will add a lot of new information and do some research

Chilli

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Good luck with your book!

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
Although it's intended for fiction only (the very definition of novel), you could use November's NaNoWriMo as a motivational tool. It's great fun and sets a healthy pace. I plan to join again this year, but need to finish a sci-fi feudal fairy tale of sorts I'm currently penning.

Also, if you're interested, here's a great article on publishing: Squidoo: How to Write. Of course, self-publishing is another option (mind you, weigh the pros and cons beforehand).

Good luck with your nonfiction! Hopefully you'll find joy, ease, and confidence in authoring this book and seek to write another. :geek:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Wow that is awesome!! Writing my thesis is overwhelming; writing a book on my thesis is unimaginable!

Good for you! :applause:
Good luck!