new years goodies

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
So what special thing are you making to take to a New years party? We are hosting again this year, our friends and their kids, the kids have a pj party of their own and the adults play games. Last year, the kids told us to be quiet (that was funny!). It seems to work out really good for all of us. there will be about thirty of us this year.

anyhoo- was wondering what you were making for the holiday, we are doing potluck with us providing the meat, dh is smoking some pork roasts for pulled pork, I made caramel corn tonight to munch on, and a cherry almond dip also. Will make up people chow as well.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, let's see ... I'm making some black-eyed pea salsa and some regular salsa. Fresh salsa is yummy! Just whiz it up in my food processor. Hmmm ... I'm liking the cornedbeef and cabbage idea!

:grin:

I wish that we had somewhere to go for New Year's....wait...maybe not...it has been snowing almost everyday since Christmas EVE!

So...we are cuddled up at home!

New Year's Eve...DH is making his world famous Gumbo! I can't wait! HE has not made this for two years.

New Year's Day...I am making Black-Eyed Pea Soup with the left over ham hock from my Christmas Dinner.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ok, so I just finished making up my list for new year's supper, followed by a buffet after midnight. Here goes:

Tourtière (meat pie with potatoes and oignons)
Soup with bread
Beets, sauce, and pimentos to go with the tourtière

Buffet:
Chicken sandwiches (in little breads)
Ham sandwiches
Deviled eggs
Stuffed vine leaves
Cheese (3 kinds)
Sausages wrapped in bacon
Chicken wings
3 kinds of pâtés with crackers
1 shrimp ring
vegetables with a dip
Toquitos
Fudge
Sucre à la crème (?? can't think of the english name right now)
Cranberry cookies
Pineapple
Clémentines
Melon

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
We are staying home and taking it easy for NYE. We had a wedding to attend yesterday and a gift opening today so needless to say it's been a whirlwind week. Did we really host Christmas less than a week ago?

For NYE, nothing specific is planned.

For NYD supper, we are going to my ILs. My MIL is making a turkey. Yummy! I'm taking dessert but can't decide what to make. It's going to be very casual. Sugared cranberries are a nice afternoon treat. I could just make those, but I'll probably take something else too. There will only be 5 adults and 3 children (6.5y, 3.5y, 9m). :snow:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Sucre à la crème is a fudge or candy. One recipe I found said it just used white sugar, brown sugar and cream. Sounds good to me. I may have to try this.

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
:happynewyear: We had 26 on our list of people coming over, then it dwindled to 15 of us due to flu ect. Our menu changed a bit due to this. We did still have smoked pulled pork that dh did, I whipped up taco salad when I found out only one side dish was coming due to illness, so we had that, party potatoes, and every kind of dessert and candy imanginable. :heartsNY:

Our mini Thanksgiving dinner went well!!! My gravy was great again, I am sooo becoming a gravy expert!!!

For tonight I have the corned beef and cabbage already in the crockpot, we have some leftover turkey breast still from last night and some leftover sides.

I just picked up some potatoes (Red and Yukon) so I can boil and bake them!!

I picked up the "predesigned" snowman sugar cookies from Pillsbury at the grocery store today. They were on clearance for $1.50 and there was a coupon machine with $1.00 off 2 so I bought 2 and paid $1 each for them-Can't beat that!!!

Plus I didn't get a chance to make Pistachio Pie for Christmas and have all the ingredients so I will probably make that today also!!!

Have a MAGICAL New Year!!!!