next Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

oimom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Savannah GA
Re: next Christmas/new years eve

My mom came to my sister and I yesterday.We all decided it was time so we told them to stop everything.My dad passed yesterday at little after 2 PM.It was best for him all they stopped was the blood pressure meds .His heart had had enough.He stayed to see Mya be born.His only granddaughter.I'm ok but have my moments.He was a Marine but never got his USMC tattoo.I'm going to get it on my heart with a daddy's girl banner underneath it.

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
(((Renee)))

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Renee, I'm so sorry! You will continue to be in my prayers.

(((HUGS)))

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
{{{{hugs}}}} My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

:grouphug: Renee all my thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time!!! Just remember all of your favorite moments with him and any wonderful advice he has given you over the years and live your life around them!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I pray God's peace at this difficult time for you and your family.

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
{{HUGS}} God Bless you and your family during this difficult time!!!!

Santa_Elf

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Wylie, TX (NE of Dallas)
(((Hugs))) you are in prayers and thoughts.

Eddie

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Sending prayers to you and your family. A co-worker whose also a good friend of mine's father suffered a stroke one Christmas and passed away on New Year's Day. It was very hard for her but she was blessed with having the closeness of her mom, her siblings, a wonderful husband and children around her. It took her a while but she was finally able to make it through by focusing on the wonderful Christmases prior to his passing. I believe so will you and your family.

msmarieh

Retire Member
Jan 6, 2008
Renee, I am so sorry about your dad. What a sad tone for the season.

The tattoo sounds like a wonderful honor for him.

Something else you might want to consider (if it's not too painful) would be doing a small project for veterans every Rudy Day this year. You could put a shoe box of things together for the troops overseas in his honor, for instance, or bake cookies for the local VFW post. Just a thought.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Marie