November 2020 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Not really decluttering, as in getting rid of, but I got the handheld vacuum and the broom holder/rack mounted on the wall of the utility room getting those things off the floor and where they should be.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
2 more boxes of school papers of ds' are in recycling.
Doing kitchen cabinets today... hoping dh doesn't discover my stash before I get it to the thrift store. Up to now getting rid of:
- 2 teapots (1 was decorative, 1 mom gave me but it is really not convenient difficult to wash)
- 6 cups (1 handle broke so threw that one in the garbage)
- 4 salad bowls (never use these)
- 1 butter dish (always been too small to put the butter in)
- 1 decorative candle in a teacup I had made (no longer like it)
- 2 plastic glasses
- 1 glass souvenir from toronto... never used it just keeps gathering dust and never liked it.

Still working in those cabinets, thinking of getting rid of more before I put it all back in there.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
More to give away
- 1 Christmas cup (not a cute one)
- Salt and pepper cows (mom had given me a whole set of cow accessories which I never use)
- A cow butter dish
- 2 big aluminium pans (never use them, use my glass pans instead)
- 2 measuring thingies I never use

... running out of steam now

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Another salt & pepper set sil had given me (never liked them),, 1 ceramic jar that holds coffee (we don't drink coffee, just have a very small pot of instant for guests)"

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, you are doing incredibly well on the decluttering. I have bags here that need to go but the charity shops are not taking donations at the moment and most of the charity bins are closed. I am not sure what to do with the items.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm glad our charity shops did not close down this time around with our 2nd wave of covid and confinement.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'm glad our charity shops did not close down this time around with our 2nd wave of covid and confinement.
I am not sure what to do with the donations. Items are too good to throw out but am tired of them taking up so much room in my home.

Reactions: Lana and luludou

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Two old rugs just went out in recycling as well as two clear floor savers.

I'm also filling up my second bag of clothes and miscellaneous stuff for the Vietnam Vets to pick up.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Katrina, what if you call some homeless homes? or for furniture put a 'to give' sign on it and deposit it outside?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finally! dh brought the old melamine bookcase and the old 20 inch tv to ecocenter this morning! 2 big things out of the house

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have a garbage sack 3/4ths full of papers, more I go thru stuff papers get pitched. Have a paper grocery sack 3/4th full for Goodwill. Hoping to put more into it before taking it in---but if not it will go out when going to Mt. Vernon this week.

Reactions: jampss

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DH put all the big foam tv packing in the recycling and garbage bins yesterday. Basement is somewhat almost normal now.

Waiting for dniece to come and see if she wants some of the kitchen things in the donation bag... at the end of the week they are leaving the house, tired of all this in my office room.

Cleared out the last of the school paper boxes of ds' that was in the attic.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I am not sure what to do with the donations. Items are too good to throw out but am tired of them taking up so much room in my home.
We set stuff out by our curb by the road ... folks come along and take it! We had an old metal shed finally saw it's last days and so DH and DS17 broke it apart and hauled it to the curb. DH thought he's bring the work truck home to haul it to the work dumpster. Well ... last night someone stopped and took it all!

Reactions: luludou and Lana

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I have been going through my closet and pulling out clothes that I have not worn in a long time. Will add that to the pile that is being donated next week. We have a scheduled donation pick up for next week and I keep adding to it LOL. So far we are up to 4 boxes and 6 trash bags of clothes, toys and house hold items that are being picked up We cleaned out the shed, attic and garage a couple weeks ago. I gave a friend a trash bag of clothes that my son out grew for her grandsons.