October 2019 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lets Keep on Removing the Clutter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to get alot done this month as the next couple much probably won't get decluttered here with the holidays and deer season.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I agree, need to declutter this month as I Don't think November and December will get much done in that area.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
That's my focus to complete nagging decluttering and last of the projects. Hasn't been bad as I am on the second round of the declutter. Always more to go. I may just focus on declutter rather than cleaning, as I don't have as many rooms as the HGP has in the schedule.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I did the top of my bedroom closet. There are 2 shelves, (I added one several years ago so much wasted space between shelf and ceiling.) I put the 11 pillows and the wrapped gifts on the shelves. And still had space for other things. Went through my jewelry and set aside the items I will donate to the holiday bazaar at the school I worked at. I have a few other things put aside too. I need to contact the PSO officers to see where I can drop them off. I also have fall center pieces to donate for the farm to table lunch if they want them. It’s leaving a little slower than I wish but it is leaving.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went though my closet and found some clothes to donate and some that can get recycled.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I so need to get back to decluttering. Still seems to be a lot in this house.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got a bag of trash (about 1/2 to 3/4 full) out of my bedroom. That room just can't seem to get cleaned. It is a MESS but should be able to work all day on it tomorrow----I think! I start to many projects at once!

Jaymee came and got a trash bag full of shoes and clothes from her room but still more to go and then we will need to get the bed and dresser out.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Everything I had put away to give the last few months is finally out of the house as they were for different family members and saw all of them last weekend.

Reactions: Lana and Miss JoDee

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got another bag of trash out of bedroom. Going thru some papers that I know I won't do ---craft wise and some recipes.

Have a sack of some bingo games (4 games with 3 boxes of each) that I am thinking of sending with Teigan to see if they would be interested in them or not. (time, money, United States and Alphabet) All brand new still in plastic.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!!
I finally am getting back to a schedule. And I mean 3 days in a row. I have done some decluttering in Kids' room.....
I have this this lady I clean for once a month & I went to her home this morning. I got rid of not just 1 box. But 5 boxes of wonderful stuff for someone else.... hehehehehe. (That's how I deal with "junk". Lol wonderful stuff for another. Lol

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Went after my kitchen cabinets yesterday since my counters are backing up again. Set a timer for 15 minutes but spent 30. Much better! I have bags and bags of stuff lining up my hallway to go out the door. I have the hardest time with this part... actually getting it out the door. Electronics are the worst. I worry about any data that could still be on them. *bites nails*

Reactions: Lana

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Jaymee took a OVERSTUFFED garbage sack of Teigans clothes home. Still have the pajamas to go thru and jackets and a small section on top the doll house.

Took her queen size crazy quilt she made home too. Allen was to take it the other day but forgot it.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Everything I had put away to give the last few months is finally out of the house as they were for different family members and saw all of them last weekend.
Awesome!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have bags and bags of stuff lining up my hallway to go out the door. I have the hardest time with this part... actually getting it out the door
<Shaking head up and down> Yes, this is my situation often. It's a celebration for me when it actually makes it to the donation center.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I decluttered drawers in our family room. Some items made it to the donation pile. Others made it to the trash.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looks like you are all doing so well. I need to get back on track

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I delcuttered catalogs and papers in the living room. A bunch of paper went to the trash and a bag went to recycling bin.