October 2023 Decluttering Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Into another month!

Today I finally got to work in kitchen. Threw out papers, alittle old food. Put more stuff into Goodwill bag. Also threw away tops to cups that I had and no cups, old straws. Cleaned all counters and cleaned under microwave.

Now if I just keep going.

Was going to take the bean bag to Goodwill (try again--Teigan reclaimed last time) but now Fendi claimed it. She goes to it whenever in house and sleeping.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Put together a bag to take to dd's next time we go (stuff in her closet), a set of knives, a box of salt/pepper shakers and more new knives, 1 toilet paper stand, 1 pink mirror for Alysanne's bedroom, 1 pair of sandals (I guess she just forgot them here).

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm joining back in. Decluttering the attic.....taking a load to Goodwill today. In here for strength and motivation while I drink coffee. :) Letting go of all the high school items that we no longer need -- old football team scarves etc. Also it seems like the attic has become the home of everyone's shoes that are not often worn. They need to go.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cleaned under the kitchen sink. Tossed old jars and some ratty old cleaning cloths. An old cleaning brush and an empty box of dishwashing tablets.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Made a trip to the charity shop to drop a travel bag filled with towels, tablecloths, and other linens, a large handled paper bag filled with bath accessories, and a grocery bag filled with other bath and body items, along with a a couple of shower heads. Done, out of my house, and perhaps someone will find a use for them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Today is pantry day. Tossed some sauces and flavoured salts that we bought and don't care for. A bottle of burger sauce use by date 2022. How does that happen? I am sure that I have tidied the pantry since then.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Two books to the church to add to the church library. Two books set aside to return to DD30.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
In the car to go is a mushroom chair, 3 pairs of nice shoes, 4 books (should be more but didn't get into Teigan's room yet), nightgown and a thingy to hold cell phone.

Not alot but it is out of here!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sent a sign along with my cousins. Silver framed octagon that said Bless this food before us and the family that eats it. Had in dining room but replaced it. She was thrilled to take it. And I was happy it went to her.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I cleaned and re-organized my craft closet and have put some items of material, small paint bottles, and stuff into the donation box that I have started already. It has these car cup holders that DH got last Christmas but they don’t fit right, a shirt that’s cute but too small a friend donated to me,

I have a box set aside always in the laundry room and just add to it here and there. Eventually, I haul the box off to a place. Mostly, I drop off at the Humanely Society Thrift Shop.

I feel like going through my cool season sweaters and also the corner cabinet in the kitchen to donate excess. The Minimal Mom on YT inspires me!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Deep-cleaned & reorganized basement pantry, so got rid of lots of small boxes, 5 plastic food storage trays, 1 Fall table runner, 2 pillows, 2 airport pillows,
1 shirt of dh's, 1 empty paint tube, 1 small halloween deocr item, 1 filled out sudoku book

Reactions: Lana and jampss

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
A t-shirt, a bra

Reactions: Lana and jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I sadly dropped a Thermos last night and the inner lining shattered. We cannot just purchase the lining so it is out in the rubbish. An unfortunate declutter.