October 2023 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Hello! Imagine my horror-pun intended-when I was on my walk this morning and I thought, "I have to go see what was planned for Rudy Day."
And then I gasped when I realized I AM THE HOST! Auuugggghhhhh. Where has this month gone?
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the suggestions and activities that you can enjoy for at least a little while this month. Thankfully, I had come up with all of it long ago.

Movie:: The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Is it a Halloween movie? A Christmas movie? What are your thoughts?
Did you know that Danny Elfman who does the voice for Jack Skellington and wrote all the music for the movie-
He does a concert performing the soundtrack of A Nightmare Before Chirstmas at the Hollywood Bowl every year around Halloween.
This year's concert will be Sunday, October 29th.

Book: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
With scary ghosts making visits to Ebenezer Scrooge, this is a good October pick.
Has anyone read the classic tale?

Recipe: Christmas Simmer Pot
This is not an edible recipe but one to make your home smell comfy and cozy.

Craft: Pumpkin Spice Latte Soap
This would make a great hostess gift!

Happy Rudolph Day to one and all! Two months until the big day!

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thanks! Cool ideas! I'm ready for that simmer pot smell now! And the soap coffee exfoliate ... neat!!

I have only ever listened to A Christmas Carol (or watched a movie ... fav is The Muppets! LOL).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Hello! Imagine my horror-pun intended-when I was on my walk this morning and I thought, "I have to go see what was planned for Rudy Day."
And then I gasped when I realized I AM THE HOST! Auuugggghhhhh. Where has this month gone?
Oh Annie! I can just imagine.
Thanks for posting, it all looks great.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
That simmer pot sounds neat! I would have to make sure I don’t forget and simmer it dry lol.

How did it get to be October Rudolph day already. The weeks are flying by.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Myron's Mom-
Wonder if it would work in a crock pot?!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the suggestions and activities that you can enjoy for at least a little while this month. Thankfully, I had come up with all of it long ago.

Movie:: The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Is it a Halloween movie? A Christmas movie? What are your thoughts?
Did you know that Danny Elfman who does the voice for Jack Skellington and wrote all the music for the movie-
He does a concert performing the soundtrack of A Nightmare Before Chirstmas at the Hollywood Bowl every year around Halloween.
This year's concert will be Sunday, October 29th.

Book: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
With scary ghosts making visits to Ebenezer Scrooge, this is a good October pick.
Has anyone read the classic tale?

Recipe: Christmas Simmer Pot
This is not an edible recipe but one to make your home smell comfy and cozy.

Craft: Pumpkin Spice Latte Soap
This would make a great hostess gift!

Happy Rudolph Day to one and all! Two months until the big day!
I'm in the same boat, host for November so I need to go back and make a list of all the movies and books that have been recommended January-October so I don't duplicate anything!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I read A Christmas Carol many years ago. I wonder where that book went? I think I loaned it to my aunt & then she died & from there, who knows.