Off Topic Tim Russet

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
This may sound crazy to most, but my 13 yo DD called upset yesterday that he'd passed. She's always wanted to be a newscaster/journalist and has watched the Today Show since she was a wee little one. She was so serious and I tried to not laugh at her, but she surprised me (just a little) to be upset that TIM RUSSERT had passed. Lately she's become a fashion diva and has decided she'd rather be a fashion magazine editor...I joked with her though and said...see deep down inside, that newscaster is still in there. Below the Channel, Louie Vaton, Prada and all, she's down there...deep down! I'm not meaning to belittle the situation because really he was a good man, but sometimes the lighter moments are worth a story!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My dd is almost 21 and she always watches the the Today if not working and she was touched by his passing. If the Today show is on and you turn the channel, she said her day has to start with it!!!LOL Oh well, I always have to have HGTV or Food Network on so.............................. Or be on here.

My heart goes out to his family.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
There are many wonderful tributes to Tim Russert on MSNBC and CNN and the major news networks today. He was so very highly regarded by journalists, politicians and Millions of Americans who appreciated the work he did to try to uncover the truth. The entire nation seems to be united in admiration for him, and in sadness for his death.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Okay guys, you've got me all teary eyed. Hallmarklady, what you said was very NICE and touching.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Absolutely my favorite! I will miss him every Sunday!!! My thoughts and prayers go out to his family!!!

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
My husband was particularly saddened to hear of his passing. What a terrible loss for his wife and son. And, especially difficult for his father and son on this Father's Day. Our prayers are extended to their family as they grieve.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm just hearing the sad news, as I was away for the weekend. I liked him too. I remember he featured his dad on a segment of NBC evening news about seniors who live on their own. It was touching seeing them together. I'm going to miss seeing him on tv.

I too was quite upset and shocked!!! He really ran the Democratic debates in a most effective manner. I was really looking for the Presidential Debates with Tim but we all know how professional Tim is and he basically did enough work in the debates to help Americans vote in this eccentric yet historical voting year!!!