OK what are the gifts in a jar (GIAJ) being made this year?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
I was going to make Rosemary Salt but I think it will have to wait until next year. Can't quite get my poop in a group!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Well, duh. :slap: Never mind...I did a search and discovered that you mix rosemary and sea salt. Guess I could have figured that out myself! Anyway, I'm going to do some! Thanks for the tip! I also have an abundance of basil...maybe I'll make pesto to give with the salt!

Yeah...that's how you make it.

I haven't found the 'perfect' jars ....so I haven't done anything to make it.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I was watching Barefoot Contessa on Food Network today and she made basil oil. She mixed basil, a chopped clove of garlic and olive oil, along with salt and pepper and served it with roasted red peppers. I think I may make some of that for gifts, as well. I'll wait until a little closer to Christmas to make the oil, but my nephew is a cook and so is my brother, so I believe they will enjoy them. :smile:

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
:snowman: Baked Snowman in a Jar
1 Sleeve graham cracker
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 ¼ cups chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
Reduced graham crackers to crumbs and place in bottom of jar. Spoon brown sugar on top of graham crackers and press gently down with spoon. Layer chocolate chips on top of sugar. Top off with marshmallows. Directions: Empty contents into bowl mix well. Melt ½ cup butter; add 1 tsp. Vanilla. Pour over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars. ( makes 9-12 bars)

This is what you put on the gift tag to go with the mix.

Baked Snowman
Empty jar contents into a bowl, cut up large marshmallows & mix well.
Melt ½ cup butter; and 1 tsp. Vanilla. Pour over the dry ingredients, mixing well Pat into square pan. Bake at 350.
:bigsnow:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I am making hot cocoa mix and chocolate mint cheese ball mix.

ChristmasMissy

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Georgia
patteemom said:
Baked Snowman in a Jar
1 Sleeve graham cracker
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 ¼ cups chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
Reduced graham crackers to crumbs and place in bottom of jar. Spoon brown sugar on top of graham crackers and press gently down with spoon. Layer chocolate chips on top of sugar. Top off with marshmallows. Directions: Empty contents into bowl mix well. Melt ½ cup butter; add 1 tsp. Vanilla. Pour over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars. ( makes 9-12 bars)

This is what you put on the gift tag to go with the mix.

Baked Snowman
Empty jar contents into a bowl, cut up large marshmallows & mix well.
Melt ½ cup butter; and 1 tsp. Vanilla. Pour over the dry ingredients, mixing well Pat into square pan. Bake at 350.
:bigsnow:

Okay that sounds way too yummy. May have to make THAT one for myself as a gift to me....lol

CrazyMomto5

MHH Member
Oct 26, 2007
Orange County, NY
The Baked Snowman in a Jar sounds wonderful. I may have to try it this weekend. You know a taste test hehe. But with all the candy the kidlets have gotten do I have to share this treat too?:)

EllaBlue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. (Canada)
Cathymac, it's so funny, I just watched that episode of the Barefoot Contessa this morning where she makes the basil oil and serves over roasted peppers. It's a great idea and would be so handy to have on hand in the kitchen. :rain:

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
I am going to try that baked snowman, never heard of that one before. I will taste test it here and then if it is popular here I will whip some up for gifts. Great idea!