Operation Christmas Child

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
Unsure where to post this, but thought I'd mention next week is National Collection Week here in the US. Here's a link: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC

I'm not quite finished with my boxes & really need to get busy! I love doing this project since I can pick up little goodies each month. However, I didn't buy as much throughout the year as I like. I usually wait until November to pickup the plastic shoeboxes, toothpaste & toothbrush, soap & washcloth and candies. Plus, I'd like to add at least 4 or 5 more items for the boy's box & maybe 3 for each girl's box if they'll fit.

Enjoy filling your shoeboxes & spreading a little Christmas Magic!

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I'm not sure if it is the same organization but i just helped my mom put together shoeboxes for a boy and a girl. Her church does the program every year and it is fun filling it :)

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
DD9 school is doing this this year,last year they seemed to take a year out. She is away this morning with the shoebox. It's part of Christmas for us,if I'm honest. I think it's great that DD9 takes so much care in choosing the gifts. We bought a little doll and she gave it a hug and said that she was sending the little girl who would receive the box "love". Bless her,it brought a tear to my eye.

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
DD9 school is doing this this year,last year they seemed to take a year out. She is away this morning with the shoebox. It's part of Christmas for us,if I'm honest. I think it's great that DD9 takes so much care in choosing the gifts. We bought a little doll and she gave it a hug and said that she was sending the little girl who would receive the box "love". Bless her,it brought a tear to my eye.

That is precious :)

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN

You have a very precious daughter! What a blessing she is to other little ones.

We do this at our church, too. This year, I helped with the postage, because that is also needed.

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
We do this at our church, too. This year, I helped with the postage, because that is also needed.

I couldn't agree more. I remember this being mentioned before. Some can't afford to fill their shoeboxes & send the $7 for postage. It's important to find others that will "sponsor" those boxes so they will be delivered. I may consider this next year since I'm running behind getting everything together this year.

Alisonmcg, you made my day. You have a very sweet daughter. I think this is a wonderful project for children to get involved in.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Thank you! Yes,she is indeed a blessing. As for the donation,I think it's great that some of you do a bigger donation for postage. I always do mine by cheque but I might do it online next year.