Organisation tip for warranties and such

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
http://www.marthastewart.com/340652/spring-organizing-tips/@center/276989/organizing#230489

Go in spring organizing - tip #10
Document Your Expiration DatesPutting warranty expiration dates on appliance boxes lets you know when it's safe to throw those cartons away. To store the receipt and warranty slips, place them in a cellophane bag. Write or type the expiration date on a self-adhesive label, and affix it to the bag. Attach the bag to the box with double-sided tape.
What a great idea!

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Another excellent idea. My DH saves every box from his computer parts purchasing, so much that he puts them in our storage unit (1 of 3, in 2 different states!!!). I can guarantee there are plenty that are way past the warranty date!!

Oh, we have so much decluttering to do! However, being in a garage or storage unit in August, in Florida, is not where you want to be! So I will work in the house until it gets cooler, and maybe this year we can get the garage cleaned out, and the storage units condensed into ONE unit.

Oops, didn't mean to go on a rant! Clutter sometimes make me crazy, lol!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Robin, I was surprised how much pure junk I had collected in our storage shed (we have one we bought that is in our backyard). I'm sure you'll have no problem condensing it to one once you really start going through it. And you're right, August is not the month for it. I thought I could do ours this month, but not when it's 95-100 each day.