Organize now Week 5 1/26-2/1

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
So how are you doing. Honestly I have not gotten to the calendar stuff yet. I use Cozi.com and it on my phone and tablet. The main thing is so I can get text message reminders for me (and DH) about work and such. I want to get a girls night out set for my cousins and for my sorority sisters. I have never set schedules for things like exercise. Do you? Maybe I should try it.
Ok on to our next week.

Week 5 January Organize your personal information

Do you know where important personal info is if you need it? Would others in your family. Social security cards, banking info, license plat and vin number for you car.... I know some here have a "alien abduction" notebook and it's not a bad idea.

Goals for the week:
*Decide where you want to store this info (a shoe box, notecards in a recipe type box, notebook,) again do what works for you

*Label categories to go with it
-Finances (banking info, budget, credit cards)
-Health (allergies, health issues in your family, medication you are on, blood type, blood pressure, Drs names and numbers)
-Safety (emergency contact numbers, license plat and VIN number for the car, current photos)
-Just in case (weight, height, clothing sizes other info)

*consider getting a fireproof safety deposit box to put important documents in it. Wedding cert, birth cert, car titles, will, passport, household inventory...

Remember if you have your personal info on the computer have a back up

Monthly file new updated personal info
Every 3-6 mo update your houshold items list, review your budget
Annually- get a free credit report, take new family photos and update weight/height, update health records

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I so need to work on getting this info all together.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have an alien abduction notebook but it hasn't been updated in awhile.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We have a fireproof box that I keep the birth certificates, marriage certificate, passports, my DD214 proving my military service, etc. in. I have the kids and my insurance cards, shot records, and dental cards in medical/dental file for each of us.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Jess-great list.

We have talked about getting a box but have not. We really need to b/c things are not all in the same place and not easy to find

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
What a great idea to put everything in one place - it would give peace-of-mind. I love the thought of labeling it "Alien Abduction Notebook."