OT Arkansas and Tenn weather

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Just letting everyone know that we're ok here in centeral Arkansas. A tornado hit about 3 miles west of me and about 3 miles east, but God spared my home and family. Praise Him! We are floating but we're ok...lots of rain. My Mom's rain gauge indicated that we received 4 inches of rain from 9 pm last night until 6 am this morning.

My husband's current job is in the area that was hit by the tornado, so he's off today due to no power. Over 20,000 in Arkansas are without power, but we're fine.

Ginger called me this morning to check on me and said ya'll were concerned. Thanks so much-it's so nice to be part of a community who cares so much about people they've never met! Thanks again!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm glad everyone is okay!! There was a town South of us in Missouri that got hit Monday in all our nasty weather. We ended up in the basement for a little bit that day as well. The town of Buffalo was hit and I think Lebanon, in Monday's round of tornadoes in Missouri. However, I heard that there were 11 confirmed tornadoes on the ground in Missouri alone. Keeping everyone in my thoughts.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
So glad to hear you are okay, Cathymac!

It seems as if we are all having some crazy weather this year! I know we've had our share of rain - last I heard we are about 9 inches above average for the year and we've had quite a bit since I heard that!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Glad you are safe. Prayers to all in your area.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
We had an opportunity to drive by the area this morning enroute to somewhere else...it is so unbelievable. Huge pine trees look like toothpicks that have been snapped...there are even larger trees on houses and mobile homes all over the area...dozens and dozens of automobiles damaged....many, many houses with tarps on the roof trying to keep the rain out or at least to a minimum. It is like a war zone...I've always heard that phrase, now I understand it. Thank the Lord, though-no fatalities! Can you believe it?

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Cathymac said:
We had an opportunity to drive by the area this morning enroute to somewhere else...it is so unbelievable. Huge pine trees look like toothpicks that have been snapped...there are even larger trees on houses and mobile homes all over the area...dozens and dozens of automobiles damaged....many, many houses with tarps on the roof trying to keep the rain out or at least to a minimum. It is like a war zone...I've always heard that phrase, now I understand it. Thank the Lord, though-no fatalities! Can you believe it?

Cathymac thank goodness you're ok. I was worried. I'm glad there was no fatalities.

From experience I know what you mean when you say war zone.