OT opinion needed

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

mycupoftea

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
Sorry to put this here, but when I took down my Fall Decor, the leaf garland that I had around my front door dyed my vinyl trim and parts of the door a bright yellow-orange. :slap: I've bleached it, Mr. Clean erasered it and cometized it to no avail. It looks like I have to paint my door. My door has two side panels. In each side panel there is a window, and there are two windows in the door. There is a wide trim around the door and between the side panels and the door. At the moment, all is white (and splotches of yellow-orange). I've always wanted the door red. Would I paint the door and the side panels red and leave the trim white, like the trim around the windows of my house, or do I paint the whole thing, trim and all red, or do I paint the door, sidepanels and trim between the two red, but leave the trim white.
Here is a link to a photo of my door to help you help me. :grin:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/ ... 007011.jpg
Thanks,

Debbie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'd paint all but the window trim red. You have white trim on the house so it might look nice. If you don't like the white trim you can always paint it red too. You are going to love the red door!

Sorry about that trim bleeding. Make sure you write to the company that made that trim or at least let the store know what happened.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Well, start with just painting the door red and leaving the trims white, then stand back and see how you like it. You can always paint the window or door trims red later.

I have a dark blue door, but the trim around my door is white to match the trim around my front windows, and it looks very nice. The trim around the small windows in my door is white, too.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I think it would look great with just the door red. It would really make it pop. I think painting it all might be too much, but that's up to you. I would just do the door to begin with and sit on it for a few days and then decide if you want to paint the areas beside the door.