Outside Decor---Sounds of Music

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
For those into decorating the outside. Back in October we purchased the Sounds of Music (it plays either 20 or 24 different songs and you plug your lights into it and they will dance to the beat) from Garden Ridge for $99.99, last night I went back to return a dome and they were 69.99!!! Since I had my receipt with me they gave me the difference. The sale is good thru the 4th of December. They had alot of lower prices on stuff. My husband gets into outside decorating and has always wanted music for outside. I live about 50 minutes from Garden Ridge so don't get there often.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Oh, I would love to have that! I don't see it happening this year, but I'll watch and maybe they will mark it down even more after Christmas and we'll have it for next year! Thanks for sharing this!!

kmwiegand

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
We have one and I love it - DH isn't as keen on it - he limited the number of lights I could put on it! And it only dances to the songs when we have people over - otherwise he keeps it on steady and the music turned off! He's afraid of bothering the neighbors. I say if the neighbors aren't bothered by our 12,000 lights, they won't be bothered by this :grin: Anyways, my mom likes watching them too! I'm sure it would be much more spectactular if all the lights were on the music, but we have way to many lights to do that! But I love it! Only thing is - when it is on steady (doesn't flash to the music) all the lights connected to it turn off between songs - just a warning as when we were setting up lights, it was inevitable that we would be plugging in the next strand the exact moment the lights would blink off :confused: That totally throws you the first couple of times!!

kmwiegand

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
We live in the country and nearest neighbor is about 20 acres to the east. We have alot of town people and from other areas that come to see our lights. My husband puts up several thousand lights too. You might have seen another post of mine where I mentioned that he puts an inflatable on top the house. The lights always get turned on, on December 1st. We noticed that about the lights when we were testing it out one night. Not sure if fence, house or all is going on it. He does the outside. He said he might change it around every so often.