Party for DH

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
He will be 50 this summer. He is a heavy equipment operator and loves muscle cars. I'd kind of like to fit these two things into a theme.
My budget is limited, but I'll take all the ideas I can get.
Thanks in advance!!!!!

qltmrkt

Premiere Member
How ironic....my DH also turns 50 in June. We were just talking about his party this morning. I have already given him his gift which is a Richard Petty driving experience. We live near Lowes Motor Speedway so on June 7th, he will drive to his hearts content 8 laps around the track. We are having his party that evening at the house. The theme is going to be something NASCAR. I was thinking a lot of black and white with the by-line on everything "Racing to old age". He is okay with it as long as I don't go too overboard (his words). I could so easily go overboard with that theme so my challenge is to scale back on it.

I would think with muscle cars, you could use the same thing. Not the NASCAR but the "racing to old age" thing. I know muscle cars aren't racing cars but........ Maybe you could find an old car at a junk yard for cheap that a friend could tow to your house (if that's where the party is). It would make a neat backdrop for pictures.

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Hi my DH is 40 this year! We are having a party at home in the garden. An idea I have had for entertainment / music is to down load onto my ipod system the 40 songs which have been the UK number 1 chart song on his birthday for the past 40 years! Found a site for the UK so there must be one for your area if you trawl the internet. There have been some absolute classics, but also some down right dodgy ones.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
qltmrkt said:
Maybe you could find an old car at a junk yard for cheap that a friend could tow to your house (if that's where the party is). It would make a neat backdrop for pictures.

We already have a few here...that he plans to restore "some day". We have a 1970-something Chevelle (that he gave to his oldest son) as well as an Olds 440-something...maybe 442...I don't know these muscle cars.
I call them junk, he calls them things of beauty. LOL
I know they are worth money, especially if he ever does restore them...but we don't have the cash to do it!!