Party Mix

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
My family is crazy about Chex party mix-homemade-so I make tons of it when I make it-mostly at the holidays-has anyone every froze it and did it turn out ok- woman

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
never tried it but it would be a good idea. However not sure about the freezing it might be a bit soft.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I wouldn't freeze it...you could store it in tupperware in a cool place. My nana always stored cookies in tins in the attic during the winter months and they stay perfect.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Maybe you could melt the butter and seasonings and freeze little sauce packets. I've never really frozen anything, so don't know how butter freezes though.

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
I sent an email to the Chex Mix people about freezing the party mix-today I received the answer-party mix can be stored in fridg for 2 week and it can be frozen for 6 weeks-so come November I am going to try a batch and see what happens-woman

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I made some homemade Chex Mix for Easter. Double bagged it squeezed out all the air from both bags and it was fresh and very crispy when I pulled it out @ 4th of July. I just stored it in the pantry. Think of how long they keep Chex Mix on the shelf at the grocery! IMO as long as you keep it airtight it will keep on the shelf for a looong time.

Last edited:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Jinglemom, I freeze butter and margarine all the time. Both do fine.

Woman, I keep Chex Mix in airtight containers like Tupperware. I have had some as long as two months, and it still was very fresh and tasted fine. I've never frozen it, but evidently, we can if Chex says we can!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
That's good to know about the freezing. I love the party mix too:)