Peppermint Bark

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

mycupoftea

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
I am planning on making Peppermint Bark to put in my friends gifts this year with dark chocolate on the bottom, white chocolate and crushed candy canes on top. I had the food network on the other day, just as background noise, while I was doing something else and I think it was Ina Garten making bark for a party and I wasn't paying attention until I heard her say "..and that's why I make it the day I'm going to give it". I've never made Bark before, does anyone know how long it keeps? Like how far in advance of my gift can I make it so it will last a week or so at my friends' homes. And can it sit at room temperature? (I saw the thread at OH and these questions aren't answered, although I probably should have posted there :slap: )

Thanks,

Debbie :skate:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
You could look up her recipe on the Food Network website, they are usually on there. I saw a recipe for peppermint bark a week or two ago, but I can't remember which of my magazines it was in and I have a ton. LOL If I find it, i'll let you know. I don't remember it saying anything about not keeping for a while. It's chocolate afterall and should be fine for at least a week, I would think.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I've made peppermint bark for years similar to how you described yours, mycupoftea. I've made it by mid December and give it at Christmas - sometimes after. I usually keep it in the fridge in a ziplock and it has always been fine.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I made peppermint bark last year about 2 weeks before Christmas and it was fine. In fact, there was some left a few weeks later and it was fine, too! Don't ask me how I know!! LOL!! :santalol: