Plans for Rudy Day--January 2008!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks SparkleNana this should get me on track.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I'm really looking forward to the first Rudy Day of the year! I can't wait to have a little Christmas sparkle again.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I can't believe our first Rudolph Day of 2010 is just days away! I have no idea what I'm going to do yet, but I'm looking forward to the day!

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I am soo excited with Rudy Day coming.. as I have a list of things that I am going to try my hardest to get done.. And if I don't I will make 2 Rudy Days....lol lol Good Luck with all & have a great weekend..
God Bless,
DawnSu

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I'm also really happy that our first Rudy Day is almost here! I'm going to celebrate this weekend....... I'm able to arrange time better on the weekends than during the week!

I have a Christmas book to read. I'll share it here if it is good. I REALLY want to get started on the Christmas Notebook for 2010! I DO have hot chocolate --- and I plan to drink it from a Christmas mug!! I never pack those Christmas mugs away!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I think I'll take some time this afternoon to work on my notebook. Can you believe I didn't even pull it out this past Christmas. I might re do it this year, so today (supposed to be rainy and stormy this lovely Saturday) I might declutter it and start working on making it more usable. Here's a little tour of my notebook as it is now. I'll try to remember to post another one on Hamlet (I've closed P&R) when I get it finished. Have a fun Rudy weekend! I have to confess I do still have some Christmasy things to pack away...but I've sure enjoyed them. Talk more later!

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I'm celebrating Rudy Day today also. I will have a couple of hours of alone time this morning to work in my sewing room. I have some cookie dough chilling in the fridge. It's a new recipe I found in a magazine that look very pretty and sound like they'll taste good. The dough is cream cheese, butter, and flour. You roll it out, cut it into 2 inch squares, put some fruit jam in the center, fold the edges over and seal with some egg whites. It's going to be rainy here today also which makes it a great Rudy Day.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Cathymac -- thank you for the invitation -- to take a little tour of your notebook! I did and it put me into a nice, Christmassy mood! Then - I connected to some of the sites listed on your Rudy Day Blog Ring. Some of the first were not active - but the Rudolph Ring one had additional fun links..... including to a Martha Stewart Download on "How To Host A Pot-Luck". I though I had hosted many, many pot-lucks Well... there is "hosting"...... and then there is "Martha Stewart Hosting"!!!! She brings things to a whole new level! I am not a "fussy" person..... but she just does everything SO DARN WELL! I am keeping this download and going to incorporate lots of her ideas!!!

I also noted your thoughts about browsing through a flea market on a rainy day......... shouting "Me Too! Me Too!" TOMORROW is going to be our rainy day......... and it just happens to be the day that SPORTS FANS will be watching two really, really big playoff games! What a perfect opportunity to sneak out...... and do some Christmas 2010 browsing.......

Snickerdoodle..... that cookie recipe sounds terrific! How can you go wrong with those ingredients!

Well.... I am combining "real life stuff" with my Rudy Day Weekend stuff....... so, pretty soon I will be jumping up and doing some "real life stuff!" And then..... back to the fun stuff!!!!!! Go us!!!!!

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
This is how I'm going to celebrate my Rudy Day:

Every Christmas I reserve time to watch a particular movie all to myself. It is: I'll Be Home for Christmas. The one with Jonathan Taylor Thomas of Home Improvement.

Everyone makes fun of me for liking this movie. But I think it is sweet and fun.

Instead of making my family sit through it, I enjoy it all to myself.

This year I never watched it so I am watching it for my Rudy Day Celebration!

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
You Go, AnnieClaus! Rudy Day is OUR day and we get to celebrate as WE Choose! And Hooray for that!!! That is one of the extra-delicious things about Rudy Day!!!

As part of the Celebration... I watched the beginning of "You've Got Mail"..... which is set at Christmas, and has lots of fun Christmas scenes. Including the heroine (her name escapes me right now) decorating her Christmas tree!!!

After I read posts.... I am going to make hot chocolate and find my Christmas Notebook!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Sparklenana I love that movie with Meg Ryan & tom Hanks. Wish I had it now.

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
Rudolph Day is tomorrow! Rudolph Day is tomorrow! I am so excited!!!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Sparklenana, that is one of my all-time favorite movies!! I think I will watch it too, tomorrow!

I'll pull out my Notebook and see if anything needs "tweaking" (a word from the movie! lol)

I don't think I'll be doing anything else Christmas related, I want to get some birthday cards made and finish my 2 Valentines Day cards.

IluvChristmas

Retire Member
Dec 28, 2008
I am going to pack way the rest of Christmas that is out. Not much though, the majority is put up :(. Does anyone else listen to Christmas music while packing it away? lol

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Today I'm wearing my Christmas socks and I'll be watching a Christmas special,burning one of my Christmas candles and drinking hot chocolate! I love Rudy Day!