PMO3's word for 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
After some thought and in the chat one night my word came to me. It's SAVOR. I want to savor all the little moments. I find myself getting so frustrated at things not worth waisting my enery on that it drains me and I miss out on stuff. I get so busy in unimportant things I don't savor the moments when my children want to play a game w/ me. They won't always want me to do this. I don't take the time to savor quiet moment w/ my DH.
So though better organizing of my time when I am alone I can have more time to savor moment both alone and w/ my family.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I like your word Shannon-look forward to following your progress. I know I need to savor the moments more...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What a lovely word Shannon. Best of luck to you and your family for 2011

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I have to work on that too... so I'm looking forward to following your journey,

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I made my first attempt at putting my word into action yesterday. We had family Christmas and I small house we had 34 people. Adults and kids. So it gets loud and crazy. But have been doing it for years so it's fun also. I found my self at one point getting overwhelmed at everthing going on and started to feel self pitty. So bad for your self. Saying why isn't XYZ making the effort to talk to me... so I stoped the ugly words in my head and relaxed and ovserved. Saw what gifts others had, read lips on conversations ;) noticed looks across the room to approve or dissaprove a statment someone else made. It was all very interesting. I allowed my self to live in that moment for the moment and doing so learned some interesting family dinamics stuff.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Shannon~love that word and your thoughts behind it. I find that I struggle with savoring the moments...good job at the gathering yesterday.

peace~Lisa

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Shannon,

I LOVE your word! It's so appropriate to the times we live in- always hustling, bustling, frantic. To savor the moments! That's really nice!

Annie

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
That is a very interesting choice, Shannon. I love it. I wish I had savored more moments when my children were smaller. With twins, I didn't have a lot of extra time, and I savored what I could. Even with DS#2, I did try to savor moments. You can't get those moments back when they are gone. What a great lesson for all of us!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Shannon - What a perfect word! And, great job moving out the negative self talk yesterday!

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Savor is an awesome word. I really need to try living in the moment more myself. You're right that it's hard with everything going on all the time.

Good for you stopping that negative self talk! We cause ourselves so much unnecessary stress with things like that.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I am finding that in some ways I am living my word w/o thining about it. The girl I used to work w/ (who's job I now have) I realize can be very negative. She is often frustrated w/ things and work annoys her. I still enjoy her company but have decided that we can complain about work but I am not going to allow her jaded feelings for some of our supervisors (and she has valid points for how they are w/ her so I can not tkae that from her) BUt I will not allow them to affect my thoughts. I am learning to laugh at things that would usually annoy me. For example my supervisor/boss came up to me to work w/ us one night and she had to ask questions about doing my job. She should know how to do this b/c she evaluates me and my team. I could choose to be annoyed or irritated, I had the right to in some way, but instead I found the humor in that. Or when my Grandmother commented that she could tell I lost weight and said "you are not even trying are you" Uumm I have been working hard at this and if I didn't have to try I would not have gotten to my current weight. But instead I laughed and said, I have been working hard at it.

Then the other day DH was out of town. I choose to take the boys to the amusement park on my own. I spent time w/ DS6 in the kiddie area while the othe 2 rode stuff. I could have goten frustrated that I had to sit in kiddy land or tried to get DS to go some where else but I just sat and relaxed and let him do his thing, what ever it was that he wanted. It was nice, I felt good, relaxed and I think the boys were in response to me.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I am finding that in some ways I am living my word w/o thining about it. The girl I used to work w/ (who's job I now have) I realize can be very negative. She is often frustrated w/ things and work annoys her. I still enjoy her company but have decided that we can complain about work but I am not going to allow her jaded feelings for some of our supervisors (and she has valid points for how they are w/ her so I can not tkae that from her) BUt I will not allow them to affect my thoughts. I am learning to laugh at things that would usually annoy me. For example my supervisor/boss came up to me to work w/ us one night and she had to ask questions about doing my job. She should know how to do this b/c she evaluates me and my team. I could choose to be annoyed or irritated, I had the right to in some way, but instead I found the humor in that. Or when my Grandmother commented that she could tell I lost weight and said "you are not even trying are you" Uumm I have been working hard at this and if I didn't have to try I would not have gotten to my current weight. But instead I laughed and said, I have been working hard at it.

Then the other day DH was out of town. I choose to take the boys to the amusement park on my own. I spent time w/ DS6 in the kiddie area while the othe 2 rode stuff. I could have goten frustrated that I had to sit in kiddy land or tried to get DS to go some where else but I just sat and relaxed and let him do his thing, what ever it was that he wanted. It was nice, I felt good, relaxed and I think the boys were in response to me.

Great job Shannon! I'm also exercising changing my perspective on things. Feels good...