Pre-Prep: Jumpstart Begins Sunday

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay...its time...Christmas should be packed away...and things a bit calmer. Time to really take a look at our homes and get to cleaning, decluttering, and organizing.

Pre-Prep Activities:

1. Supply Check: Think about the products you typically use to clean. Inventory...do you have everything on hand to jump right in!!!

2. Calendar Check: Do you have each week clearly marked on the calendar? Have you taken into account any special events or trips you have scheduled?

3. Mind Set Check: Now's the time to hop over to OrganizedHome and read a couple articles. Get inspired. Your self talk should be focused on "I can do it."

Cleaning Checklist
Homemade Cleaning Products

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
This is great! I always need the motivation of others to help me stay on track. I started a little work on my front porch and car port today. It's a gorgeous day in South Carolina so it made it easy to get outside and enjoy the sunshine.

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
Boy, do I need this. Since Thanksgiving we have been home for a total of nine days - only long enough to do laundry, decorate for Christmas, and then leave due to family stuff. Just got back last night. Depressing to see the Christmas decorations still up and not enjoyed at all. Yet, thankfully, everything has worked out for the best. And yes, we did have a great Christmas, just not the one I planned.

Today I will catch up on laundry, put the Christmas decorations away, and make out my schedule. Really motivated.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I've already finished Week 1 unintentionally. LOL I did it yesterday to keep me busy. My calendar is annotated for each week and my schedule has been made in detail. I'm good to go!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I am SO ready for this! I've got plenty of supplies and my calendar is all set up. :flower:

I actually got a head start on my front hall today! Ours is 2 stories and has a ledge above the front door. I try to get up there once a year - usually around Christmas, because I have 3 small "evergreen" trees I keep lit all year and by Christmas, lights have usually burned out. I kept waiting for DH to get the ladder out so I could get up there, restring the lights, and CLEAN! Well, our trees weren't lit for Christmas, but they are now and all the dust and cobwebs are gone. :party: I also got lightbulbs on the chandelier in the hall replaced too - embarrassed to say, but there were 2 bulbs out when we moved here 3 years ago (3 more have burnt out since) and I have never been up there - talk about dust :thud: These were my main jobs for that week and I can mark them off -WOOHOO!

Pipster

MHH Member
Dec 28, 2007
Sherwood Forest
It's here for me, it's currently 9am in england and i'm about to get started need to have breakfast first, but then it's on to the porch it's really small so won't take long, don't think i'll be doing much out side due to bad weather, will be able to wipe the door down though, then i'm moving on to the spare room, cause i've bought a bum, thigh and tum toner and want to get it set up to use today!!

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
jackfrosty said:
I need to get some baking soda!
I read the articles and printed out the table.
I bookmarked the pantry cleaners page and the vinegar site Gingerbug posted earlier, for reference.
All weeks are written in my calendar.
Good to go! :love:
I didn't see the pantry one. Where is it?

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Okay, thought about the products I use to clean and I need everything. A trip to the store is called for this weekend provided the weather isn't too nasty (expecting a wintery mix).

I have marked my calendar for every event that I've been informed about for this year so far, special 'me' time, vacation time and so forth.

My mind isn't completely set. I feel so tired all the time. I'm still recooperating from the holiday rush I guess LOL. I started taking vitamins again in hopes to boost my energy back up.