Prepping for CiJ

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
CathyMac ....how sweet you are.
I bought a huge amount of baking items home with me last time.
I have an Australian friend who is working in a Summer camp in Pennsylvania at the moment, I will get her to smuggle some stuff home.

I really think that I am an American stuck in an Australians body.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
haven't decided what im doing yet. all sounds like fun. cant wait .

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
For me Christmas in July will be all about getting organized and making decisions for Christmas 2015, as well as starting some of the crafts that I'll do for Christmas gifts and decorations. I'll also watch a few movies and listen to some Christmas music

Farmerswife (~ Laurie )

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I haven't started yet, but will in July. That's my starting point as well. I make decisions, update my notebook, start some crafts..and do some fun blog post.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
So funny that for me CIJ means I start to hit the panic button. I will make the honey do list of all the home improvement projects I want to do before Christmas and give the list to a sighing DH. I will update my binder, plan my meals, and start to make my appointments so that I am sure to get in (stylist for me and Dd, dog groomer for our mutt mutt, carpet and upholstery cleaner guy....etc). I also start making a pantry box and each week I will buy one baking item that I will use for my cookie day extravaganza.

Kelly

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
All my CIJ blogposts are scheduled :)

How did you find the themes? I thought Weeks 2 and 4 were a bit challenging since they are themes out of my normal realm of decorating. Thank goodness for Pinterest and I learned a lot about new decorating styles.

I loved Week 3 - we still have an Elf on the Shelf even though my daughter is in college. Last year, he was Remote Elf on the Shelf - I'll cover it in my blog posts.

As much as I loved Week 3, Week 1 (well, the first four days of the month) was my favorite. All that gold and silver mixed with other colors, so beautiful!

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Pamela I'm not following the MHH themes. I found my own theme and it will last from July 1st to the 25th :)... and Pinterest was a big help!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Pamela I'm not following the MHH themes. I found my own theme and it will last from July 1st to the 25th :)... and Pinterest was a big help!

I'm looking forward to reading your posts!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Our local Walmart has vanilla beans. Will they work for the homemade vanilla? I've never made it, either, but I think I might want to give it a try.

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I will share! I have to find it. It's from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook. I just need to find which one. I am having back trouble so things have been placed on hold. I'll post it asap.