Printersdevil's Boo Bash

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
I am going with a Bewitched Boo Bash theme this year. Well, I may tweak it still, but that is the general idea. I am having trouble with the word bewitched because I don't want it to be thought of as the show or movie.

I just found this great link that has a "How To" on making a life sized witch.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5504678_make-life-size-witch.html

I made a lot of hanging ghouls last year with thrift store masks and costume tops and/or robes. They looked pretty good hanging throughout the house and were CHEAP. We took white balloons and blew them up inside the masks. Clothes hangers were used to form shoulders and hold the clothes.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nice!!

I tried making ghosts with helium balloons... without hanging them from the ceiling... total flop... the fabric weighs it down too much (even gauze!). Guess I'll have to make holes in the ceiling!! won't DH just love that??

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I have seen some people use those wig forms...you know the foam things that look like heads that people put wigs on? I have no idea where they get them.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ginger they can be bought in craft stores (cost me 4.99$). I bought one the 1st boobash year and I made a head on a platter.

I now have another one (with a very long neck) which a friend gave me... one day it'll be a house-elf for a H.Potter party.

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
I didn't know that you could get the wig heads at craft stores. I used to see them at garage sales very cheap.

I didn't have to add holes per say to the ceiling except in the dining area for my Pumpkin Head guy. Actually, it was jim's idea to hang him from the ceiling there.

I have rustic exposed beams in my living room area, so it was easy to add the dark brown hooks up there. They are not noticable. I also had some existing hanging planter hooks that we utilized in other places.