Procrastination leads to my Probation

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
I posted this in my blog over at MMC and decided to share it here for support from my MHH family!! :grouphug:

I christmascreations have found myself guilty of heavy procrastination in the decluttering of my home and neglect of my physical and emotional happiness.

The time has been long overdue for me to cleanup and organize my bedroom. Having 2 beds, 2 dressers, and items for me and my 3 boys in there has cluttered up the space drastically. The clutterbug has bit me and I need to fight back!!!!

With a very hectic work schedule and being a single mom, the time to do that is very limited!!! I have alot of housework to catch up on as soon as the boys go back to school. Every time I go to work it seems my boys get away with a lot (since my dad watches them) and the house is in COMPLETE chaos!!!

I have broken the cleaning rule of focussing on one room at a time but when I feel overwhelmed in one room I move to another room to keep me going and hit the internet when I need a break also.

So with all that said, starting next week I will be putting myself on probation!! I will not be allowed to go shopping or buy anything new until I am content with my living space. I will also be limiting my time on the computer in the day time. I can't do too much housework at night when I send the boys to bed do that should be fine.

I will bring a box/bag of papers with me to work so I can sort through it when I have extra time. Thank God I can do that right now but if I get a job with the schools (crossing fingers) then I won't have that time soon enough but I will have a favorable job with weekends off and more time to spend with my boys!!! I will also get all my reading done at work or before bed only.

I will also begin working on setting up a menu plan once baseball season begins again to help reduce that stress/complications of my days and nights!!!

I wonder if anyone else has put themselves on probation???

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Good Luck Christmascreations! Don't forget to reward yourself when you do good! :flower:

I know where you are coming from. While I was laid off from work I had our apartment in very good shape since it is just me and DS11. Now that I have been back to work for the last three weeks everything is going down hill again. :frown: I am out of the house from 5:30AM until about 6PM Mon. through Thur. and sometimes we do overtime on Friday.
I have been feeling very guilty about the decline in the quality of our meals too. When I get home at 6 it is hard for me to get motivated to make a good meal and we end up eating quick and simple meals that are not always well rounded and nutritious.

DS is a first year boy scout and wants to be a Den Chief for the cub scout pack he just graduated from. This means we will have boy scout meetings every Mon. and cub scout meetings every other Thurs. I am a leader in his troop so I must be at these meetings as well. Both groups meet in a different town from where we live so we drive 15 to 30 miles for these meetings. So once school and scouts start next week we will have very limited time.

Here is my solution, DS and I sat down together and made a chore schedule for both of us. If we keep up everyday it doesn't get so bad. I am making up menus two weeks at a time because I grocery shop once every two weeks. As I put away fresh veggies I cut or chop them according to what I am making later in the week to cut down on meal prep during the week. I am hoping we can stick with this plan and that it keeps our home running smoothly. If not I will also be putting myself on probation.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Good luck!! You can do it!! I like the idea of rewarding yourself for a job well done. That sounds like a good motivator!!

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

:party: Melanie

Well I went to WalMart today after work to buy batteries for Hurricane Fay heading our way. Of course getting there after 9 at night they were completely out of D batteries...ughh. I did peruse the "clearance aisle" and didn't buy ANYTHING!!!

I did however go towards the candle aisle (just in case) and bought 2 candles on clearance but it is for emergency use so I didn't really break my probation. I don't light candles regularly so it wasn't a want JUST A NEED!!!!

Doing good so far!! :grin: