Purplecrush's Boobash Journal

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

purplecrush

Premiere Member
What a wonderful idea Gingerbug!! But of course, you are full of them!!

So this is the first year im going to attempt to have a Halloween party. My kids beg me every year, but its just a bad time of year for me..You see..Oct is VERY busy!! My DD bday is Oct 2, my mom is Oct 9, my DS is Oct 14, my DN is Oct 29 and my other DN is Oct 30...see my problem lol.

So what im thinking is that instead of my kids big extravagent bday partys..we will have a big extravagent Halloween party instead! The kids are fine with it..of course Ill celebrate their bdays, but with sleepovers instead of going somewhere.

So im not sure where to start lol..I bookmarked that one site with the labels for jars...very cute. I plan on doing something like that also..my kitchen is the "hangout spot" that everyone seems to gravatate too, so that will be the focus. So now till GPD2, im going to try to come up with some more ideas. I dont really have a whole lot of Halloween decorations, not sure why really..Christmas is my big holiday, so im usually just WAITING till Halloween is over, so Christmas will come and on Nov 1, Christmas pretty much blows up in my house LOL!

purplecrush

Premiere Member
A few of my ideas:

Outdoor
- I dont do much outside..probably just some pumpkins..we get too much rain and wind to really decorate out there.

Indoor-Since my party will probably end up in the kitchen anyways, that will be one of my main focus'. Im going to make up a bunch of those jar things what was posted..the ones with potions and all that. Im going to try to make that spellbook also..I have tons of halloween scrapbooking supplies..I might as well put those to use lol..

Im going to get out old pics and probably print some B&W pics ( you know the creepy old ones,) I have a few that are of my great great great great great uncle..YIKES!! Scary, but it will be perfect to hang up in the living room!

I also have a bunch of cute signs that I picked up at DollarTree last year, ill put those up too.

Food-
Chili in a hallowed out pumpkin
Snake bites ( this cute snake made out of bread from Paula Deen, the link to the recipe is on my blog )
Caramel Apples - maybe make those big gourmet apples like they do in the store...YUM
Popcorn- Either caramel or kettle korn
Punch- Ill have to figure out what kind I want to make..whatever it is, Ill have a floating hand in there lol

Music- I have a few Halloween cds, one with just sounds, one with music..Oh lol I have the Little Peoples Halloween cd..i love this one....lol..I listen to it in the car all the time!!!

Games- Ok , this is where I need help..Im going to have kids from 9-12 at my party, dont know what kind of games for that age range..I guess I could ask the kids and see what they want to do...

purplecrush

Premiere Member
Im going to put some of those great "spells" that luludou posted that kids made, in my spellbook. Those are so cute! Im actually getting excited for Halloween now. The possibilities are endless. I think me and my daughter are going to be witches and my son will be a warlock (if I can convince him!) Oh this is going to be so much fun! I want to start getting stuff for the costumes now...from like thrift stores. I dont really want to buy a costume because those are already together and its the joy of the hunt is what makes it fun! Hunting around to find that "perfect" piece to go with your costume. We normally always buy our costumes and just last year the kids had said they wanted to make their own because the homemade kind of costumes were the best!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My costumes are always homemade (mainly because DH doesn't see any reason to put any money in Halloween - except to give kids candies)... and they ARE the best!!!

purplecrush

Premiere Member
Can you think of any props I would need for witch's and warlocks costumes? I know , broom, and hat and dress, but thats about it LOL..im not very creative about that kind of stuff.

What costumes have you put together luludou?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I put my list of costumes in "luludou's Boobash journal"....

For a witch or warlock, add fake bugs & snakes which you can glue with a glue gun to your dress or cape... a raven or rat on your shoulder is good too! Don't forget the wand!... glitter make-up, a cauldron, black nailpolish, and black or blood-red lipstick, maybe add a wart, fake nose (but they can be tiresome), spiders can be hung from your hat or spiderwebs, long nails, maybe some glow in the dark accessories (earrings, or bracelet), I have some witch earrings, you might have black cats around, gloves that cover your hand but without fingers (I don't know what you call these), spellbook, bats....ooh the possibilities!!!

Here's a page of witch costumes... for all tastes and ages...http://www.costumecraze.com/Traditional-Costumes-Witches.html.. it might give you ideas.