Putting Away Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Jeff Westover

MHH Maintenance Dept.
Staff member
MHH Admin
Sep 7, 2009
Cache Valley, Utah
mymerrychristmas.com
The boo-hoos are all over Facebook this week. All my friends are bemoaning the post-holiday return to work, the taking down of the Christmas décor and the end of the holiday season. One friend even likened it to a death. Really? This is the same person who only days ago rang in the new year [...]

More...

Christmasstar

Retire Member
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario Canada eh!
Putting away Christmas decorations is as much a part of Christmas as putting them up. For me it is an opportunity to clean, repair, sort, decide what I am keeping and what I am giving up. I also take the time to make of list of want to get for next Christmas stuff.
I start to look at ideas for decorating and what may be an up coming new trend that I may want to try.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I see putting away the decorations as the Beginning of the next Christmas.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Look at all of us...I think of it as that as well. I take my time...see what I want to change, take inventory, just go with the flow. I defiantly don't rush it and I have to much to rush it. I've got to get over the craziness of last month before I can tackle such a big job.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
LOTS of people in our neighborhood... still have their Christmas lights (outside) turned on. OUR Christmas tree is still up. Tomorrow night... we are going to a friend's "Three Kings Day Party".

I LOVE what Ahorsesoul said! (About putting away Christmas... is the beginning of our NEXT Christmas!!)

I, also, need to take my time... when putting away the Christmas things. LOTS of organizing and downsizing... and thinking about next year!!!! Which is fun for me!!!! And NOT something that I want to rush through!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
When I was a child, our Christmas was always up until Jan. 6. Tradition. I hate to take mine down too early. Usually it was New Year's day, because I wasn't working that day. This year I lasted till Jan. 4. Of course, it is the first time in 4 years that I put up a tree. But I would still decorate with some Christmas things. I love to get them out, and I love to put them away. Because NEXT time, it's like they are all new all over again.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Kids go back to school today and I too am contemplating the wrap up. Our tree is happily still up and I made sure to turn the lights on so the kids aren't all bummed out when they wake up. It isn't too dry so I may keep it up the rest of the week.

I too start planning for next year as I'm taking down the current one. At this time I'm focusing on the New Year and my resolutions and feeling pretty good about things. Its the start of my do-over. :)

One thing I do when cleaning up is I put all the decor and wrapping away gradually before I even touch the tree. The tree is last so I don't get too overwhelmed in boxes.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I have finally gotten all mine away & packed & organized as I want them... I did end up with a few more totes this year, so now I have a shed to clean & organize that... as soon as hubby gets his garage done, then I will ahve the shed to myself.That's when I can really organize more so my way.... I am also getting reayd to list a few things online that I haven't used for a few years... so I can have a clean start next year, I also have my tree that we had upstairs, to make a huge wreath, going to recycle that....