Question about Great Pumkin Day Date

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
ChristmasCreations got me thinking about our special days...

Rudolph Day is the 25th
Turkey Day is the fourth Thursday
And Great Pumpkin Day is currently the last day of the month....

I am just wondering if changing Great Pumpkin Day to the 13th of the month like ChristmasCreations did for the recipes...might be a good idea all the way round.

It would spread our special days out a bit since right now they usually all fall in the same week or so. Anyway just an idea....let me know what all of you think and we will do it whenever you all decide...

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Think that´s fine. You can spread it out on the 4,11,18 and 25 - it`s always in one line on a weekly calendar.
Rudolph Day is the 25th
Turkey Day on the 4. (the fourth day in november - so you can manage the dinner in November from 11-4 tl 11-27 this year)
And Great Pumpkin Day on the 11 to prepare the party in October
On the 18 it could be time for mealplanning (test it, taste it...) or sth else.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Ginger, I think that's a great idea!

:globe:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I like the idea of moving GPD. I get so focused on these special days some months that nothing else gets done in my house that week or so...(maybe that's not SO bad :rotflol: )

jkbb2

Retire Member
Oct 17, 2007
good idea gingerbug :applause:

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
That would be great especially since my "Celebrate Me" day is the 24th each month-

I am glad you liked my idea Gingerbug!!!

I just feel it breaks everything up a bit more. For those who have not seen my original post, the 13th was chosen because it is 31 backwards for Halloween and a "superstitious" number which is scary and spooky like Halloween!!!

Anyway I have already altered the 13th for myself so you know my choice....lol Doing all 3 in one week was getting way to hard for me especially toward the end of last year!!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I think it's a good idea. More to enjoy during the month instead of doing everything in one week.

Santa Baby

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Southern California
I also like the idea of moving GPD to the 13th.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yes...for January I will need to do it on the 31st since...as you say the 13th has passed...but I will plan GPD for the 13th of February.

Gingerbug said:
Yes...for January I will need to do it on the 31st since...as you say the 13th has passed...but I will plan GPD for the 13th of February.

How cool will that be celebrating pumpkins one day and love (Valentine's) the next day???? I did my GP day already for January and look forward to February's!!!