Quick Dinners for January

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I don't know why, but I have been OBSESSED with pinning recipes lately!!!

Have been working my way through the blog Lord Byron's Kitchen - found a TON of new cookie and bar recipes to try!

As to meals, I eat so simply and DH is on Keto so I'll be trying to make things for him. Made a couple of crustless quiches yesterday and they turned out pretty good. Did one with ham, Swiss and freshly grated parmesan - added ground mustard, S&P and parsley to egg/cream mix. The other with bacon and ground beef with sharp cheddar and aged white cheddar. Added S&P, onion powder and chives to the egg mix.

Reactions: Minta

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I saved a couple of those recipes Carrie!

AJ- Those sound really good! Can you share the recipes please?

Reactions: Minta

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Quiche is so nice because recipe is so basic and forgiving. Each quiche had 6 eggs, beaten and then mixed with 1 cup of cream - you could use milk or half and half or even evaporated milk right from the can.

Mix eggs and cream or milk then add 3/4 to 1 tsp of ground mustard, S&P to taste and either dried parsley or freeze dried chives to taste - maybe 1.5 tsp? Really any seasonings you think would be good!

To make crustless quiche I just sprayed glass pie dish with cookie spray and piled int he meats and then topped with cheeses. Poured the egg mixture over and used a fork to make sure the egg mixture got down into all the meat and cheese. Baked at 350 until done - took almost an hour though!

I do not blind bake my crust if I use - I just put in the pie dish and proceed with assembling quiche as noted above. I do have a pie crust shield that I use to keep the edges from browning too much before the quiche is done - you can use foil if you don't happen to have a shield.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Thanks AJ!