Quilting addicted ;-)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
This is more a fun-thread. But nevertheless...
I recently started with quilting (some of you might remember my postings about this)
and it is so much fun!!!! So had following idea...

Let's summarize some indications of quilting addiction ;-)

1, when you go on holiday you have a look where the next quilt/patchwork shop is
2, Always when you see a landscape, patterns or other objects you think how you might
map this on a quilt
3, You start thinking in squares

Chilli

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
You might have a quilting addiction if:

~You make sure you don't overpack your suitcase so you can fill it with fabric
purchased on your vacation.

~You come up with creative ways to sneak more fabric into the house. BTW: A
baby's diaper bag is perfect. You bring it in filled with fabric, set it by the door
and empty it later when DH goes to bed. Then if he asks if the fabric is new,
you can claim it was there for awhile.

~And after you sneak the fabric inside, you need to be creative on how to store it.
Two large rubbermaid containers filled with fabric make a great end table when
placed next to the couch, covered by a pretty sheet and a doily, with a lamp on
top.

LOL

happyalice

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
You might be addicted to quilting if:

You can't remember when the vacuum cleaner was last run, but you know how many hours, minutes and seconds it's been since your sewing machine was oiled.

You don't get offended when people comment on your fat quarters.

You give directions to people according to where the fabric shops are: turn two blocks past Calico Heart, go straight until 4 more blocks past Hancocks and then turn left.

It drives you crazy to see ceramic tile that doesn't have perfectly matched corners.

You can remember the detail of hundreds of quilts at the quilt show, but not the pattern in your sofa.

You need medication when your favorite quilt shop goes out of business. :( Of course, if you were truly addicted they'd still be in business, wouldn't they?! :-D

You justify your fabric shopping as being an "economic stimulus". Or, as I like to tell DH, "It's people like me that make the world go around for people like you (frugal)".

As soon as someone you know gets married, you start planning the first baby quilt.

In the age of downsizing cars due to fuel costs, you're buying an SUV to go on the "shop hop". (true story...btdt)

You started with having to drag your projects out onto the dining room table...then you upgraded to a closet...then you finally got the kids moved out and took over their room. Now you're shopping for a duplex.

When you drive past a farm you look at the silos, sigh and think: what a waste of storage space. I could so easily fill those with fabric!

You're a regular at the local coffee shop right before they close at night, gotta get that last shot of espresso to keep going!

You put a mini-fridge in your sewing space, chock full of your favorite beverages. Family members know that by sneaking one of mom's drinks they're taking their life into their own hands.

You've given up on trying to remove thread lint from every blouse you own, and just tell people it's decoration. True addicts might even coordinate your shirt with whatever project you're working on, so it all sort of matches.

Some of these are hitting a little close to home, so I'll stop now. :grin: