Receiving Christmas Cards?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
At last count, I have 10 cards. Two are advertisement type (realtor and lawyer) and my aunt sent me two cards. lol

One of my dh family sent their Christmas photo of the kids. We would like to see the parents in the photo. I keep thinking a genealogist in 100 years will coming across these three kid's photos thinking they are orphans because there is never any parents in their photos.

grace

Retire Member
Nov 5, 2007
I received an empty envelope today! I'm pretty sure it was supposed to contain a photo card. It had a return address so I don't know if I should mention it to the family or not! :confused: It probably fell outside somewhere in transit.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Yes, let them know. I'd be more upset if you didn't tell me. They probably are wondering why they had an extra photo. lol

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
After mine were all addressed, stamped and sealed, I realized that I put one card I wrote a personal note in inside an envelope addressed to some one else! I held them all up to the light several times trying to figure it out, but couldn't, so I just sent them all anyway. I hope the recipient isn't offended, and I wonder how many others I may have done that to. . . :slap:

welshbabe

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Well, I send out around 85 and have about 79 back (plus do another 50 for village party). I try and hand deliver the ones I can - don't do e-cards myself but it is a bit of a paper waste to give cards to neighbours you see all the time I suppose (but I do!). Don't keep them afterwards (only from immediate family) and they go to be recycled at a store.

Have bought cards in sales for 2008 - and - guess what? written 50 that I do for our senior citizens village party!! Think I'll do my personal ones too before putting away - how nice next November to find them done!!

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
It took forever for other people to send me cards back....this year it felt like people were waiting to send a card only if they got one!? :huh:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, I think we received a good number of cards back. I did use the OC card schedule and sent them out on time. I counted it if a family sent us an e-card and marked it on my card list that we did receive one this year. I did also, however, scale back this year just how many I sent. Looked at the handy dandy OC card list to see who hadn't sent cards in the last two years ... and dropped them. :frown:

luvbooks

Retire Member
Jan 3, 2008
I have to differ with everyone, I still get just as many as I always have!! :skate:

hollybow

Retire Member
May 19, 2008
I was just reading about your christmas cards last year...
Tiny question: Do we have a christmas card exchange with our forum?

I´m just asking.. I LOVE making and writing cards.. and getting them of course... but it´s so much more fun when you send a card to someone you know who loves christmas as much as you do.. :haha:

hollybow

Retire Member
May 19, 2008
perhaps we can organize something for this year.. lets see how many will join..