Restarting Recipe of the Month Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Hi

I'm wanting to restart our recipe of the month club. Now that I'm retired I plan to cook a lot more....lol....we will see how that works out. At first I thought about posting the recipe myself each month but then I decided maybe others would like to join in the fun...let's just start with August through December for now.

It's simple....on the first or second day of the month....start a thread that says: RECIPE OF THE MONTH:____________ fill in the blank with the month....like August 2014. And in the thread...post a recipe for everyone to try.....then people who want will try it one day during the month and post their comments, thoughts, changes to it, etc in the thread for that month. I'll start us out with August....Does anyone want to sign up for

September: aggy

October: AnnieClaus

November: Lana

December: Piratemomof3boys

January 2015: sweetpumpkinpye

Just let me know in this thread if you want to take one of the months. If not I'll just start a thread myself. :)

:clothes:

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I will take October.

Annie

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
aggy-

I don't think it has to be original. I wasn't planning anything original.

Annie

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
So let me get this straight. One person posts a recipe for the others to try or is the monthly recipe thread started with one person and everyone posts their favorites? Sorry for being a pain.

I love new recipes. On another board I belong to the whole thread read like a recipe book with titles on each thread such as:

Beverages
Appetizers
Poultry
Beef
Pork
Seafood
Vegetables
Salads
Desserts
Canning/Preserving

Everyone posted to the thread which applied to their recipe. It was recommended that they put Sugar Free/Low Carb/Gluten Free/Fat Free/Low Fat/Freezer Friendly or whatever special attribute this recipe had if any.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Ellen- Whoever has that month will post a recipe for everyone else to try and then we post back our thoughts on the recipe once we've tried it. :)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Exactly right MrsSoup

I'll update the first post with the people who have volunteered for each month. Just post your recvipe the 1st or 2nd of the month and it doesn't have to be original...:)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Anyone interested in posting the November or December recipe? Just let me know and I'll list your name next to the month.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I will do Dec HOWEVER someone that is friends w/ my on FB will need to remind me b/c I know I will forget b/n now and then. Work will be busy and I am not on here as much but would still like to try this.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I will do December, the only problem is it will be hot here and cold there, so I will find something that suits both climates.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oops looks like Shannon has December, I will start the new year. I will take January.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Thanks to both of you. I will update our first post with your names!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks Ginger, I will pop a reminder in my 2015 diary.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
When you move on to February, I'll take a month.