Routine 2013 for MissJane

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Tomorrow is the last day of January and little did I know when I chose "routine" for my word, it would mean more than what I had in mind. I must say, I think it's funny that God has a sense of humor. I am also thankful for His guidance in helping me choose the word I thought was right, because He knew this was coming, whereas I did not.

Over the Christmas holidays, DH was diagnosed with diabetes which has meant that we have had to change many things at our house. I had already worked on a morning and night routine, but with having to really plan for meals, it has made that routine even more important. We have to be mindful of the types of and quantity of food we are eating. He also has to eat at routine times...no more eating late because we are busy or doing a late brunch on Saturdays or a large lunch on Sundays after church.

The last few days we have started adding the component of exercising daily in the form of walking when we get in from work. This will work most days of the week, but not all. So, I guess that will be the part of my routine I will work on for February. I think this will be even harder than the area I chose for January. It's so easy to make excuses to not exercise...to hot, too cold, too busy, too tired...too, too, too!

All in all, I would say January has been fairly successful, certainly not perfect, but I never will be and will embrace the victories I have had for this month. I'm now getting up a little earlier, going to bed a little earlier (although my body still has not figured out that means it's time to sleep, lol), taking care of my skin nightly, getting together my book bag and clothes for work at night, reading my Bible with more thought, keeping the house a little neater, and other things as well.

We'll see what February has in store for us.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good luck with the journey Jane. My word a few years ago was routine and I learned a lot from that year, and a lot of what I learned is still in place. It would be wise for me though to revisit nd tweak some of my routine.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great word and lots of progress already. Good luck to you & your dh.

You have to be careful what you wish for... one of my friends used to say she needed to exercise, like go up the hill near the office everyday... well her mom got sick and to the hospital at the top of the hill, so she had to go up the hill every day for a month!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I love how all this fell into place with your word.