Rudolph Day 12/11/07

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay girls (and guys).....TWO WEEKS!!! As I said before...this time of year.....EVERY DAY is Rudolph Day!!! And I must admit I am a tad bit behind....mostly in the gift area and mostly because of the ice storms...My goal was to be done yesterday....AND I'm not...couldn't get out on Sunday afternoon as planned and yesterday was a bust also. However what I have left to get is mostly gift cards and just a few actual items....which basically I know what I am getting SO hopefully once I get a bit of TIME I should be able to swoop up the rest of the stuff quite quickly!!! Not sure WHEN that will be however...as I said TIME....we are off school today due to electirc being off at an elementary building....could try to pop out to Walmart...will need to see....hate to break up my day when I have plenty to accomplish here at home...ummm its a toss up. Probalby wait and finish up Friday night and Sat. morn.

To Do List For 12/11/07

[/] 1. Address two more cards, finish letter and print and put in envelopes, stamp, mail.

[ ] 2. Shopping list for food stuff

[X] 3. Update and write FINAL gift shopping list

[ ] 4. Wrap at least four presents

[X] 5. Add two more stocking stuffers to box....just so they are in right location!!!

[ ] 6. Continue to get Christmas Recipes into correct notebook

[/] 7. Clean laundry room....this is a major disaster and while not Christmas....very needed!!! only partly done BUT I did get a bunch of laundry done!

[X] 8. Clean family room.

[X] 9. Sort and organize one box of Christmas stuff. This is a goal for 2008. I have some stuff I am not using this year so I'll get ahead of the game and get one inventoried and organized!!!

If I get ALL of this accomplished I will be one HAPPY camper....I'll update later today!!!

itsanewme

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
watching Off Kilter
Called in sick today - fell on ice Sun and knee is hurting
but that wont stop me from going to the gym, walking the treadmill, doing the weight machines - I will wear my knee brace though.

- Want to clean the 3 bathrooms and kitchen today while everyone is gone.
- I already let the 2 bunnies run for an hour - will need to get them back out again later
- Want to sit down, relax and read for a while - I honestly need the mental health break. Also have a DVD I can watch
- havent started wrapping any presents yet so today will be a good day to start
- laundry

Will update later and hopefully at least the cleaning will be done!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Ouch, hope your okay itsanewme. I have many gifts to buy. I just can't get out to get my shopping done. I hope to do something this weekend. I hate not having my car.

Anyways, besides buying gifts there's:

[ ]Shop for groceries for Christmas Eve family gathering.

[x] Mailed Christmas cards out late - yesterday

[ ] Wash and hang up red shower curtain in the bathroom

[ ] Wash up all dirty laundry. I don't want any bags of dirty laundry sitting around in the guess bedroom when company comes.

[/] Finish baking. Did a little bit on Sunday but ran out of certain ingredients.

[ ] Make a dish to bring into the office. I've decided to make a lasagna for the office. They loved it the last time I made one. Ate it all. LOL

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Hmmm, i'm trying to think of what I still need to do. Really all my gifts are bought and wrapped with the exception of one i'm waiting for in the mail that should have been here by now. I've baked a few things and plan on doing some more today. Everything i've done so far has been eaten. I'm not too worried about it right now because we leave on Thursday for a week in Michigan so most of my baking will be done when we return. So, I guess i'm really done for now!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to do one last inventory to see if I'm missing anything. I know I have nothing for my Dad or step mom but need to check on everyone else.

Put photos into the 7 Heritage Albums, have been putting if off.

Need to buy some modge podge to finish my brother's "toy boat" shadow box. Last year he wrote me saying he remembers playing with a little tin boat while visiting our grandparents some 50 years ago. Tin boat held a candle that would propel the boat in the kitchen sink. So I found one on E-bay and am putting it in a shadow box along with his letter and some old photos.

Start making Candy.

Happy Rudolph Day to everyone!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
You are all so far ahead of me...I'm more behind than I've ever been. I don't know what's wrong with me...except that money has been such an issue that I've only recently been able to start shopping. I know what I want to get everyone, just have to portion out when I can get it.

I finally got all the decorating finished.

I inventoried everything today and I'm done with two of my stockings at my mom's. I have a few more things to pick up for the boys' stockings. I have NOTHING for DH-but I do know what he's getting. I need to order it this week. I have a few things for the boys' Santa stuff, but I'm waiting until the last minute to pick up some of it, just because I don't want them to find it.

On the plus side, I did get some things taken care of yesterday. I have another big shopping trip planned for next Monday. I got ceramic mini loaf pans for my Bunco friends, and I'll make banana bread tomorrow or Thursday, which I'll take to them Thursday night.

Most of the rest of my stocking stuffers are food items that I'll make next week. So, even though it's getting closer and closer, I'm not panicking-yet!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
To do today:
:eek: Stop the screaming and frantic running going on in my head: "Just two weeks!!!! Panic!".
Shopping:
Penney's to buy DH's last two gifts
Music Store to buy DS12's drum sticks
Target to buy DS12's nerf football
Grocery store for gingerbread house making party on Thurs.

Plan dinner menus for next two weeks
Inventory 'sock' stuff
Inventory presents purchased -- are they 'equal' for all kids?
Finalize plans for luncheon this Saturday

Plan tomorrow:
wrapping begins in earnest
send out Christmas cards (yup -- not done yet!)
Dr. appt. for DS

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I think this is my best year yet!!

I have to wrap the kids gifts. DH is going to take them out on Saturday to shop for me and I will do it then.
I am baking when the mood strikes. I have a couple of things that I want to make.
Put together platter of goodies for DD's piano teacher for next Tuesday.

I almost feel lazy, but it has been so nice spending every afternoon watching Christmas movies with the kids and just relaxing.

:snowman: Melanie

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Things will get better....I am actually further ahead than usual....but I had set the 10th as final shopping etc day and I missed it....for sure this weekend I will finish and that still leaves me a good amount of time to relax and enjoy the final countdown to Christmas...

Don't panic....it will come AND go.....lol...whether we are ready or not.....I'm already making notes for 2008....lol

Cathymac said:
You are all so far ahead of me...I'm more behind than I've ever been. I don't know what's wrong with me...except that money has been such an issue that I've only recently been able to start shopping. I know what I want to get everyone, just have to portion out when I can get it.

I am sooooo with you !!! Finances have definitely hindered all my timelines and plans!!! Kids last day of school before the holiday break is Friday and it is also my twins' birthday!!!! So right now my first priority is my twins' day and the teacher gifts....and the goodies to make for my circle of friends (parents) at the school.....

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
Every day is Rudy Day, right!
I am behind, but I am NOT in a panic - if it gets done, then it does...
I still have to sew a re-enactment outfit for my niece. But that is about all the left over projects.
I had my cookie party last Sunday and have one more party at the house Saturday...Then it's just me and Christmas!
I will bake once I am out of school.
Just found out that my family is going to be here for Christmas! I am so excited! It is my son's last Christmas in college and so probally his last Christmas at home.
I am going to relax and try to enjoy the hot, humid south Texas Christmas!
:skate:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well I'm not all done and its 3:30....I can still mark a few things off this evening BUT at least I made a good start!!! YEAH!!!!

But I also have to do a couple things not on my original list

[X] Budget and pay a couple bills BOO HOO

[X] Get a medical paper ready to mail tomorrow for DH's surgery in Jan. I have to get it filled out to take off work some days with him.

[X] See one client

[X] Fix dinner

I'll be back later...hopefully to mark a few more off my original list and then this list....Gosh posting seems to get me going!!!!

CreativeChristmas

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2007
Wisconsin
Making a list where others will see it might be the best help for me to "finish" several of my to do items (I have a long list of items that are "almost" done).

For today I have a few hours left this evening so we will see how I do:

( ) Finish phone invites/RSVPs for Christmas Eve

( ) Make batch of fudge

( ) Inventory baking supplies

( ) Inventory paper goods for Christmas Eve & sibling gathering

( ) Finishing touches on Christmas tree

( ) Timers on misc decorations (will save time daily once done)

:grin:

itsanewme

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
watching Off Kilter
It was a somewhat productive day.
I did clean the kitchen and bathrooms
called 2 insurance companies asking about doctors, referrals, reimbursements, etc
spoke w/a few doctors and made a few appts for early jan
2 loads of laundry
gym for stress relief
chopped ice off the driveway

didnt start the wrapping

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Today's list proved to be too ambitious for me, and life got in the way -- didn't factor in getting kids here and there! I spent over an hour shopping for something I couldn't find, and then another 45 minutes shopping for things I didn't need. . .that's why they call it 'shopping' and not 'buying', right?

I did get some of the items done, and the evening is not over yet, so there's some hope!! I'll keep plugging away. Tomorrow is a new day.

CreativeChristmas

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2007
Wisconsin
Well I'm ready to call it a night. I got close but I missed a few. The tree took a lot longer than I expected. I still need to add the tree skirt.

( ) Finish phone invites/RSVPs for Christmas Eve

(x) Make batch of fudge

(x) Inventory baking supplies

(x) Inventory paper goods for Christmas Eve & sibling gathering

(close) Finishing touches on Christmas tree

( ) Timers on misc decorations (will save time daily once done)

:bigsnow:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Great work everyone!
campncook-what is a re-enactment outfit?
I have the flu-Early Christmas gift from DS7! :sorry:
I'm outta bed, though so I need to plug away at a couple of things
{}Baking-waiting until tomorrow but I can make lists today.
{}wrapping stocking stuffers and kids gifts and one for hubby
{}Deliver in-laws presents
{}Send a late card(I just got new address)
{}Decorate boys room(elfy suprise)
{}General Housework :help:
{}Do a couple more reindeer food jars
{}Get a small gift ready for unexpected friend's visit from Banff
{}Schedule get together's with 2 different friend's
{}Brainstorm about New year Decorating for outside of neighbor's house(she's away for the funeral of her father in Mass. and won't be back until the new year.)

Blah... Today is definately a list and prep day! :slap:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Just a couple more presents and I am DONE WITH SHOPPING!
That is, unless I find out that we'll be seeing family I haven't bought gifts for yet. Still waiting to hear from my sister.

Now, to take the kids' Christmas card picture and start wrapping gifts (I didn't 'wrap as I went along' this year).

I'll finish addressing the envelopes tonight in front of the TV or while waiting to pick DS14 up from his youth group.

Right now, I'm madly assembling a 12 Days of Christmas box for a friend of mine. Will drop it off at her house tomorrow so that the last gift is opened on Christmas Eve.