Rudolph Day 12/18/07

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CreativeChristmas

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2007
Wisconsin
So many of you did a good job yesterday let's see how today goes.

Okay, I'll admit that I'm getting a bit panicy (sp?) but it will all be fine right?!?!?

Today's list could be the day it becomes all good so here goes.
() Grocery store (all but Christmas (eve) dinner items that won't hold)
() Buy gift cards (hopefully this grocery store will still have the one's I decided on)
() Clear out fridge and organize for the holiday week
() Bake at least 2 cookie recipes
() Clear dining room table of misc Christmas decor items if they don't have a home then they get reboxed and put away for another year
() Finish laundry
() Wrap dh's gifts

So much more that should and even possibly could get done today but for some reason I just think I better start here. I can always add to my list if I clear this one. :rudolph:

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I really need to become better about posting, I am such a lurker!
Anyways, today is my Mrs. Claus day, it is the day when I sew doll clothes for my DD9. Every year she gets a new outfit or two for her dolls for Christmas, in the years past she puts a doll out for Mrs. Claus to leave an outfit for, usually a Christmas dress. Of course this is preplanned as I do not sew Christmas eve!!! Today I am making her girlfriends doll a new nightgown and blanket to go with the doll bag I picked up for her Christmas gift. I love making doll clothes. I started this many years ago with DD#2 who is now 18 when I made a dress for her favorite doll and had her dressed and under the tree. At that time, we had a very tight budget and that really helped, rather than buying a new doll. I usually just use fabric and trim I already have. Have a great day everyone! :grin:
Toni

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Last night I prepared my cookie dough. I'll do my baking Thursday. Tonight I'm going to turn on Christmas music while tidying up and washing the small piles of laundry. Wednesday will be my last day at work so my plans are to go strait home, take a relaxing bubble bath while sipping some rum eggnog, then relax in the bed and watch holiday movies til I fall asleep. Friday, I plan to get up very early in the morning around 5:00 a.m., try to leave out the house by 6 a.m. and hit the stores for shopping. I hope to be back in the house by 12 noon - 1 pm at the latest. I know which stores I'm going to (4 stores) and will go out to the farthest store first and shop my way back towards home. Saturday, if not completed I'll spend a few hours in the morning finishing up my shopping then come home and spend the rest of the day wrapping gifts while listening to holiday music. Early Sunday morning - 6 a.m. - I will do my grocery shopping for the Christmas Eve family gathering, go home and start preparing dishes that can be made ahead of time.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Here's my chores for today:

Tuesday:
1. wrap any thing that hasn't gotten wrapped, with goal being everything wrapped today Only one stocking full to go...I'll get to it tomorrow!
2. run through the house to tidy and declutter Done
3. Baby sit great nephew at 11:45 am Done-the funnest part of my day!
4. Kids and dinner Done
5. 6 pm-walk down to SIL's preschool Christmas party, complete with Santa!! Done

All in all, a fairly good day!!

skynyrdfan

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern Illinois
Todays list...
Drop off film (one of the cameras is from summer!)
Pamper time after work (hair appointment)
Pick up another dozen eggs & Chex
Bake cookies that are in the fridge
Put goodie bags in truck (a co-worker will deliver into Chicago for me!)

Have a wonderful day!

Okay I really need to be in on this today. Only 7 days to go and alot of baking to do.

[ ]make pie crusts
[ ]make rugelach dough
[ ]make dream cookie dough
[ ]make cream cheese cookie dough
[ ]make snowball cookie dough
[ ]make crescent cookie dough
[ ]make sugar cookie dough
[ ]make PB centers for PB delights

tomorrow will be:

mini cheesetarts
oreo cookie balls
fudge???
start baking the crescent cookies, snowball cookies, and cream cheese cookies

I can't believe I couldn't get anything done...I felt so tired when I went home plus dealing with ALOT of ex in law stuff.....acckk I will try again tomorrow

skynyrdfan

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern Illinois
Update...

I ran to the store and got the eggs, Chex, and some other stuff on my list (eggnog, whipping cream, baking powder, and cornstarch)

There's one less thing to worry about after work! So I can relax and get my hair cut and the grey covered. :globe:

CreativeChristmas

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2007
Wisconsin
Okay, I did a pretty good job so far but I still have time to do some finish-up work tonight.

Today's list could be the day it becomes all good so here goes.
( ::eek:rnament: ) Grocery store (all but Christmas (eve) dinner items that won't hold)
( ::eek:rnament: ) Buy gift cards (hopefully this grocery store will still have the one's I decided on)
( ::eek:rnament: ) Clear out fridge and organize for the holiday week
() Bake at least 2 cookie recipes
() Clear dining room table of misc Christmas decor items if they don't have a home then they get reboxed and put away for another year
() Finish laundry Started
() Wrap dh's gifts

I also decided dinner for tonight and later this week that will be quick, easy and fairly nutritious so that will help with the final preparations. :grin:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Today was a reminder that I can plan and plan, but things just happen that are out of our control! Roll with the punches, ride with the tide ::eek:rnament: .

Had my Christmas cards signed and addressed, ready to add the photo to the front of the card. But had trouble getting a suitable photo. The best one was oriented the wrong way for the card slot, so I changed plans in midstream while waiting in the line at the Walmoart photo kiosks and decided to do printed photo cards instead. I can always use my pre-addressed cards next year, with the few possible address changes easily overcome with sticky labels, right?

While I was in line and going over my mental list, I saw a dear friend who really needed a shoulder to cry on. So spent my 'cookie baking' and errand time talking with her.

Didn't get much checked off my list, but my cards will be in the mail tomorrow. Presents will get wrapped some time soon. My friend feels much better after being able to talk some things through with some one. So I guess it was a good day afterall.

CreativeChristmas

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2007
Wisconsin
Farmermom4 - I love the idea of a Mrs. Clause day! I really hope you accomplished your goal for the day!

Cathymac - You are an inspiration to me. Seeing you check off your list really helps me see it can be done (when I'm wondering if it's possible, LOL!)

HolidayJoy - You did a great job of salvaging your sanity by just doing a quick change with the cards and realizing that the reason we plan is so we can be with our family and friends when they need us and often times this is right during crunch time.

I didn't get much more done last night other than some gift organizing and providing ear support for my dsis, she is having a rough season with her family (and dh's ex).
:bigsnow: It will get done, It will get done, LOL!

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Yeah, my sewing is done. I got my dd9's friends doll nightgown and blanket done. DD9's tommy doll will have new pj's and her teddy will have a new nightie. I even put them into a gift bag that says to "Teddy & Tommy" from Mrs. Clause!!
What fun, today (19th.) is baking day, wish me luck!
Toni

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Jackfrosty-thanks, I think that playing Mrs. Clause and sewing doll clothes is my favorite part of Christmas.
Toni