Rudolph Day 12/19/07

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CreativeChristmas

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2007
Wisconsin
Thanks to all of you for sharing with us what you are working on!

Today's list:
() Decide how the Crackers will be labled
() Put together Christmas Crackers
( ::eek:rnament: ) Wrap dh's gifts
( ::eek:rnament: ) Wrap at least half the remaining gifts
( ::eek:rnament: ) Make dough for refrigerator cookies DONE!
() Clear dining room table of misc Christmas decor items if they don't have a home then they get reboxed and put away for another year

My main plan for completing such an ambitious list is to NOT leave the house today. That's right stay right here and get it done. I'll update later. What's on your list for today?
:skate:

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Today's list:

The usual am stuff, tidy house, laundry, barn chores then--

Start baking!!!!!
Make strawberry crumb bars
Snickerdoodles
Sugar cookie dough (for Santa cookie baking Sunday am)
Applesauce bread

Put together teacher (2) goodie bags with jar of blueberry jam, and goodies, cookie bag for bus driver, a large wrapped bread for our feed store owner, and a goodie plate for DH work goodies. Cookie bags to go with sister and brother-in-law gifts. That's it for today!
All decorating, wrapping, cards and sewing is done!
Toni

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Today I need to:
  • help out at DS6 morning Christmas partyDONE
    help at DD8 afternoon Christmas partyDONE
    run to grocery in between - just for necessitiesDONE
    finish wrapping adopted family gifts
    make spiced nuts1/2 done
    make almond coconut balls
    pick up DMIL gift tonight (on hold @ Sears)DONE-got in earlier than I thought

skynyrdfan

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern Illinois
Some of the treats you ladies are listing on your "to do" lists sound awesome! Please post your recipies!

My office goodie bags are ready to go and the helper elf is here to deliver them for me!

Today's agenda is:
Wrap the last three gifts!
Make up three more treat bags for co-workers here
Sit back with a couple of my cookies, a mug of eggnog, light my bayberry and mistletoe candles and look at my tree :globe:
Then tidy up the house and start packing for my road trip!

santashelper

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NS,CAN.
I think I will join in today. Maybe that way I will actually acomplish something. LOL

1. groceries -done
2. laundry
3. clean upstairs bathroom-done
4. wash living room floor
5. shop for (hopefully the last of the gifts)
6. wrap some presents

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Here's my Wednesday list:

Wednesday:
1. Bake cake for youth group "Bad Christmas Sweater Party" tonight Done
2. Put chicken in crockpot to stew all day, to make chicken noodle soup for dinner Done
3. Give DS his birthday gift Done

Done, done and done? at 12:30 pm? That can't be right. I must have forgotten something! LOL! :santalol:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Okay-here we go!

{}Gingerbread cookiesbaked but not decorated
{}fudge
{}list for hunny to pick up
{}print label's for Dmil's sister's gift and attach to pic's
{}wrap kids gifts
{ ::eek:rnament: }wash down some walls after burnt pot roast incident :slap:
{}hand deliver couple of cards
{}check on DMIL's stress level to see if she needs any help
{}plan some gifts to make with kids and list any materials needed
{}make reindeer food and get Christmas pickle ready for Pamneed bottle washed and 'dressed'
{}Get SS teacher's gift ready
{}Don't forget to send teacher gift tomorrow!took it out
{}small gifts for A and KA got her's-need to wrap K's and send with DH-OH! A.D's as well!
{}Oh to please get something decent done with this hair of mine that doesn't accentuate my Mrs. Clause-like features! :help:

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Will have a longer list Saturday due to work but for today:

( ) Remember to take teachers gifts tommorrow
( ) Return dish to neighbor
( ) Bake something for lunch party tommorrow
( ) Remember to take food for lunch party ;)
( ) Get DH stocking stuffers (depends on how I feel)
( ) look for tackle box for dad (wish he had this on the list when it was in season!!) Luckily we have plenty to fill it with.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
All packages to the post office. Late but done. I went twice. There were no lines either time I went. Never have had that happen before in December.

After the post office trips, dd treated me to a Peppermint Blizzard from DQ. Excellent but our DQ closes tomorrow until Feb.

CreativeChristmas

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2007
Wisconsin
You can see what was accomplished from my morning list in my previous post. Here are the other things that I did:
( ::eek:rnament: ) Make cookie doughs (6 done)
( ::eek:rnament: ) Baked up 2 types of cookies
( ::eek:rnament: ) Got my upstairs mini-tree decorated and working

I did it! I managed to stay home all day and accomplished a whole lot. I still have a few things to do but I feel much more in control with what I got done today.

It looks like many of us are really moving along for Christmas. Thanks to all of you for helping me keep focused and accountable. Let us know how you finished up! :sleigh:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
MY shopping is now DONE

Still have to wrap and bake, and do some general grocery shopping.....BUt I'm VERY happy!!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Last night I had to unwrap and rewrap. I lost my list somewhere, and since I have to head to the mall on friday I needed to know what I still had to get for my kids. Didn't end up being to bad since after I started, I started to remember what I had already bought them.

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I know about that lost list thing. Week before last when i was finishing my Christmas shopping at Wal-mart, I was running off two lists, one for groceries and one to finish Christmas. In the middle of the store I lost the Christmas list!! I backtracked for probably a half hour and couldn't find it! Luckily I was almost done and could rack my brain to remember the rest. I finished my shopping and didn't forget anything, but talk about panic!!! I have never done that but I usually only have one list now I know why.
I finished all my baking on Wed. made DH goodie plate for work, and the teacher bags, and goodies for asst. family members. This is feeling so good this year. Thursday is house cleaning day, we are almost there!!! I so love being organized. :haha:
Toni