School Supplies from Wal-mart = Holiday Jackpot

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I happened to be browsing over at OC today and saw this great article about taking advantage of back to school/college sales right now...

http://christmas.organizedhome.com/reality-check/santa-saves-back-to-school-bargains-holiday-giving

Then I took a peak at Wal-mart's ad this week and found:

$1.97 for 6 pk of Glue Sticks

$0.40 for composition books

$0.20 for spiral notebooks

There are other low cost items too, but these are the ones I'm going after. I love the suggestions on using the glue sticks to wrap packages without having tape show!

And after my first fling with decoupage this weekend I am all on fire to try it out by recovering some composition books as gifts! I can't wait!

Happy shopping!

Oh! Just thought of this! How about picking up several of the $0.25 packs of crayons and making these:

http://www.squidoo.com/crayonrecycle

Candy molds are so multi-use!!! Candy, soaps, crayons! You name it! :)

Last edited:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
You can also recover clip boards. When I can get on the computer I'll try to find a d post the link here.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Love these ideas. I really do need to get back to scrappin too.

I never picked up back to school supplies until after school started. I had little stock piles from the previous years for the kids to start school with. I did the same thing with back to school clothes. I'd pick up two new school clothes items but then we'd wait for the sales to get the rest. Besides by waiting the kids found out what was 'cool' to wear first. lol

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I always buy extra art supplies to make craft kits for the kids on my list and for angel trees, etc. Crayons, markers, colored pencils, glue sticks, scissors, paints/brushes and plastic "pencil boxes" are great buys this time of year. Add a packet of construction paper and a sketch pad and you have the makings for many, many hours of fun!

BTW, I LOVE the idea of altering composition books as a companion gift for Journal Jars! I've been meaning to give journal jars to my parents for years...maybe I'll actually do it this year. I think it would be a wonderful keepsake for my children someday.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I saw these cute notebooks at the museum and had a idea. Use the paint chip strips to cover the journals.