Sept. 13: Me and Mine Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
Houseworks checklist:

My bedroom is pretty good, it just needs to be relieved of the few laundry loads that never get put away. Plus, clear a few hot spots.

The kids rooms need a little more work. Their rooms are smaller than their previous rooms, plus there is no basement for all their "stuff". Everything just got thrown into their rooms by the movers, so I need to work with each child to declutter and organize better.

Holiday Prep:

I need to schedule a picture session, find my cards to decide if we need to buy any more, and really start brainstorming that Christmas gift list. I think I need some Christmas music to put me in the mood!

InstantMom

Retire Member
Aug 2, 2008
I am making good progress on my bedroom closet (aka "The Swamp") - I now have 5 bags of items in the trunk of my van to donate to an outreach program this week. I decided to move my scrapbook supplies into a section of the closet, and that was wonderful motivation to really think about what needed to be shed in order to make room.

Anyone have a good recipe for homemade furniture polish? I have purchased orange essential oil, and I am trying to figure out what to combine it with.

MaryAnn

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm on this too. Am pretty much on track though the relatives in town threw me off this past week. The Master is in good shape. Need to find a good deal on white on Euro Shams for the bed and I need to find my Christmas cards (why aren't they out yet?). Focusing heavily on getting the kids rooms put together (DH is in there cutting walls open at the moment).

No tips on furniture oil, but isn't Murphy's Wood Soap supposed to be pretty good?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I haven't even had time to think about this week. I am going to try to get it together tonight and see what needs to be done.

Melanie

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
My master bedroom is a total disaster...it's our dumping ground for everything without a home - compounded by the fact that we have overnight guests all the time...my weekends are spent "entertaining" when I should be organizing the dungeon!!! Oh well...a little bit at a time, right?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Alright, I was able to sit down and see what needs to be done this week.

Master bedroom is in good shape.

All of my cards, wrap and supplies are in a corner of the basement behind all of the tools that DH is using for renovations. He has assured me that he will be get them out of there by the end of the week. After he does I will be able to do an inventory of what I have and what I need. I will also be able to assign some rubbermaid totes as my "gift boxes" and start putting purchased gifts in there.

Melanie

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Bedroom is fine, although no one ever sees it. Just one pile in the corner to get rid of and around Thanksgiving I change the curtains and the comforter.

Wrapping paper is under the bed and in the storage room and the cards are in a box in the bookcase.

Don't I sound organized!!?? NOT!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Bedroom is fine, although no one ever sees it. Just one pile in the corner to get rid of and around Thanksgiving I change the curtains and the comforter.

Wrapping paper is under the bed and in the storage room and the cards are in a box in the bookcase.

Don't I sound organized!!?? NOT!

Don't worry, you seem to know where everything is!!

Melanie

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
It looks like everyone is making progress.

This week has been so busy for me, outside the house. I'll be staying home today and hope to catch up on routines, HHP and the like. I realized last night that my house gets cluttered because I don't follow through on jobs ( like if I fold the clothes, but don't get them all put away). I'm trying to decide why I do that - usually it's the jobs that I'm trying to complete too close to bedtime. Oh well, something to think about.

This me and mine week is coming to an end, and I'm not half way through ( I have 3 kids rooms to deal with too). good thing I can put them in some other weeks as a catch up.