Sept. 2014 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Ok let's face it...this is the time of the year where I start to have anxiety and KNOW that I will never be ready for Christmas....but ....I always am....because ready or not...here it comes....

September 25th is where the tough get going....What will you be doing on Rudolph Day this month?

:rudolph:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well like you Ginger, I will be panicking a little. But Christmas waits for nobody.
I think I will be doing some organizing and maybe some crafts.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
This month I want to finish all of my lists. I also want to shop for gifts. But more importantly I want to feel the Christmas spirit. I'm feeling a little of the stress as well but we must press on. We can do this!!! I know we can! Now let's getter done! :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This month leading up to Rudolph Day will see me working as hard as I can on all my Christmas gift craft projects!

I'm also following HGP and will be purchase long term/non perishable items from my master grocery list every week and also trying to pick up 1-2 stocking stuffers each week as well.

Rudolph Day falls on a Thursday this month I believe, so I'll really only have the evening to focus and unless I come up with a different idea it will just be another evening spent crafting like crazy! :) Maybe while watching a Christmas movie though!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Since October weekends will be busy with all kinds of engagement I have to switch my schedule around a little. I will do the spaghetti sauce and chili in September. And continue the deep-cleaning (have 2 more rooms to do).

For Rudy Day I want to go through my gift list once more. I need to finish the buying before mid-November and wrapping 1st week of December.

I want to craft and watch a movie and have some hot tea and 'feel' the Christmas spirit this Rudy day... me and my Christmas time :)

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Working all day, but in the evening I plan on taking out my binder and going over 'the plan' with DH :)

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I will be planning the craft lists- nothing too fancy this year. Just some small personalised gift tags that double as small tree ornaments. I will just be using craftwood tags, paint, glitter and stickers. I will pick up the bits and pieces needed. I will also be adding to my lists- nearly finished - I think but always add a few general small items as I go along. I will also be reviewing my overall progress as this year I want to be pretty musch finished by last week in November. With all presents done and wrapped. I want to only have to do food. Our summer holidays begin Dec 3rd and I want to be able to enjoy the beach and holiday activities with my son.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tanya, your school breaks early. Gives you lots of time to do some lovely Christmas things with your son. The schools here finish on Dec 17th.

mommyby3

Retire Member
Oct 24, 2007
Beautiful North Carolina
Me I just want to get back into using Rudolph Day to do something Christmas.
I think this month I will go over my lists of gifts and such. This is the first year in a VERY long time that I will have a full time job , so hopefully things won't be as stressful.I'm also hoping to maybe do a couple of things that we have wanted to do, but have not be able to.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Rudy Day is the first day of Rosh Hashannah - the Jewish New Year. I will have had company and a big dinner the night before (as all Jewish "days" start at sundown).

Hmmmm.....

I'm doing pretty well in the gift department - maybe do my knitting as I want to give a few knitted gifts this year.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Tanya, your school breaks early. Gives you lots of time to do some lovely Christmas things with your son. The schools here finish on Dec 17th.

Public Schools in NSW finish about Dec 17th too. My son goes to a private school which finishes much earlier. I love the extra holidays but it just means being more organised. Last year it got on top of me a bit and I was wrapping late at night and not really enjoying the season as much as I should. And this year I have a puppy to contend with. He is going to have fun when the wrapping paper starts to appear. I have visions of him running through the house with it. He is currently nearly 5 months old and is into everything!

Last edited:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm thinking this month will be about finishing off my gift list.

My kids are taken care of, but I don't want to wrap the gifts yet because I enjoy wrapping them during the Christmas season, and I'm worried they might stumble across them in the meantime.

I'd also like to work on planning some family traditions. Small things like taking travel mugs of hot chocolate and going to see the Christmas lights or spending a day making ornaments for the tree.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tanya, I can just imagine the puppy running through the paper, it should make for an exciting time.
When my kids were younger I loved having that time between break up and Christmas to enjoy with them. We would make decorations, go and visit Santa, look at all the shops, and do a little baking.
After Christmas we would go to the movies and picnic with friends. Sadly we do not have a beach here or else I am sure we would spend a fair bit of time there.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Rudolph Day is…. tomorrow! And today….. I am "thinking about it"… while my hands are busy, working outside, pulling off vines! One of the many things that I love about gardening, is…… that you "get into a zen-like state"….. and can think deeply…. while a tiny part of your brain…. sets it's sights on a vine, and gently pulls it out!

So…. I am thinking about…. "What do I hope "to get"…. out of each "Christmas prep activity"…. that I do, this year.
Here are my "big goals":

fun… for family, friends, neighbors, spreading outwards
increased "community" and "closeness"
savoring of spiritual joys

How about you?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Happy Rudy Day!!

What is everyone doing on this special day?

I am moving my Rudy Day celebration to tomorrow. I will have the entire afternoon to myself, so I will pick a movie that the kids don't particularly care for and watch it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Happy Rudy day!!

I too will do RD fun either tomorrow afternoon or Monday afternoon :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hello, precious friends! Happy Rudy Day!!!!

As soon as dh gets home with the car…. I'm going Christmas shopping. I need a couple more small gifts… for tonight's birthday party. And… it's easier for me to get Christmas presents…. when the stores are not crowded… with "other Christmas shoppers"!!!!! So…. a Thursday in September… should be a good time!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Well, my Rudy Day plans for tomorrow are shot.

The cable company has to come between 2-4 to fix some problems.

Oh well, maybe this weekend.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I spent yesterday cleaning the living room, but making it festive by playing Merry Christmas Radio on my ipad - I didn't actually get any Christmas movies in to play, but I may actually do that over the weekend as a treat to ME!!

My plans are slowly taking shape. I have told my DM that we will not be down for Christmas this year. I am working on my gift buying, and have a lot already done. I am not feeling guilty about a lack of crafting - I may get to it, but I have backup ideas if I don't. So I am not in the worst place ever - not the best, but doing OK.