September 2023 Decluttering Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Suv was filled with a bunch of dvd player, tape players, a radio, two wireless headphones, two boxes of cords and wires (which I didn’t think the thrift store would take but did), a Dell monitor and a new bathroom rug that no one liked all went out of the house today. Dh made two trips. Wish he had taken the records too but he said he wanted look at them all again but corrected that since he hasn’t looked at them at all in the three years they have been in the basement.I’ll give him a few weeks and then I will haul them off. Some are old victrola records.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Made another sweep of our closet last night. Pulled more clothes and shoes, these were ones I was debating about before. I am slowing updating my wardrobe. I never had a problem spending money on clothes for DH and the kids but now that my youngest is a senior in HS it's time for me. Plus I got tired of hearing DH complain that I don't spend enough money on me LOL.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Finally dropped off my donations to the thrift store -- 3 full bags and 2 boxes. They've been riding in my trunk since mid-August. Now to fill a couple more bags as I go through my dresser and closet.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A few old craft items and some papers out of the craft room.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
A bike I asked DH to put at the end of the driveway with a Free sign on it was taken before he got it all the way out there. The person works on bikes all the time. Not sure what he does with them but nice to know it still has life left in it.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I packed a box with items I no longer need to go out after I finish filling it. A coffee pot, a cast iron fry pan, a small bale of straw, a neck rest for traveling on airplanes, cloth napkins DD no longer wanted. It didn't make a big dent in household inventory but every little bit helps.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Cleaning the master bedroom and bathrooms, I have a growing stack of shirts, soap dispenser, some little rubber duckies, and other items that will go into the donation bag. I'm certain there will be more as the week goes on.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I just took DH and my old mobile phones and tablets to Officeworks (Staples?). They have recycling bins for all sorts of things so a good place to drop things off. DH was going to look through the cables but ran out of time.

Reactions: luludou and Lana

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I just took DH and my old mobile phones and tablets to Officeworks (Staples?). They have recycling bins for all sorts of things so a good place to drop things off. DH was going to look through the cables but ran out of time.
Didn't know Staples took such items. Will have to check next time.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I just took DH and my old mobile phones and tablets to Officeworks (Staples?). T
They recycle husbands;)?

I thought the one you had was a real keeper!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Didn't know Staples took such items. Will have to check next time.
Yes, check their website. Our Officeworks recycles old pens, cables, computers, toner cartridges, phones all sorts of things. A very handy place to drop things off.

Reactions: Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
As I went through my linen storage area, I weeded out a lot of towels and wash cloths, along with a bedside radio that I no longer use (it has the long connection from the earlier Apple products; DD replaced it as a gift last Christmas, with one that has a charging pad), several tablecloths, and a couple of candles. The candles are new, and I've hung on to them as part of my gift closet. If I haven't re-gifted them in 3 years ... All these items were loaded these into a duffle that needs to go, too. As much as I like it, it's seen better days and doesn't get used as much as it did when I had the boat. I'll drop these off for charity once I complete that closet.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went through fridge and got rid of a few past-date items.
1 pen, 1 pair of soles for children's shoes??, 1 empty box for the dart game, 1 pair of old sandals of dh, 1 empty boot box, 1 broken plastic basket, 1 fridge magnet, old oil, old paint cans, 1 pair of cross-country ski shoes, 1 cap, 1 broken fly swatter, 1 used scentsy flower

tomorrow we will deliver to dd her stuff: her double bed (but we need to get a new one) with her mattress, her nightstand table, 1 tub of Christmas decor, 1 plastic drawer thingy filled with papers & pens , 3 big books, 1 muffin container, 1 box filled with spice containers with magnet, 1 halloween skull with mist (from mom's), 1 computer router, 1 big easel, 1 stool for her painting, paint supplies, 2 curtain rods.

Reactions: Lana and halimer