September Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'm starting a thread for our Rudolph Day plans for the month. The 25th will be here before we know it!!

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
so far for this months ruddy day I'm working on creative gifts for various family members, I'm sick & tired of giving the same old gift cards. I'm also hoping to be done an afghan I'm giving as a gift so that I can start on ornaments for my own tree (I'm thinking crocheted snowflakes)

Tina

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
I think this Rudy day I am going to put on a Christmas movie and start writing out my Christmas cards. I bought a few boxes last year so I could get a head start.

EllaBlue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. (Canada)
I am hoping to finish a Christmas quilt that I am making for my niece. She is going to be turning 6 months old this upcoming Rudolph day in September. I am also hoping to get some more fabric Christmas bags completed to give to my sisters since they are also trying to limit their use of Christmas paper.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This Rudy Day, I am going to be stuck at an all day conference at work (ugh!), and then driving to our folks for the weekend. Although, that in itself means that I might get some sewing done on tree decorations (I finally bought a plastic case to put travelling projects in, which I can then use as a base to work on my lap while DH drives and DD sleeps - worked well while we were on hols). So perhaps my 3 Gingerbread men will get their coats, buttons and trousers on!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My kids have the day off school, so it will be a really fun Rudy Day for me. We will watch a Christmas movie and I think we will bake some cookies. I am hoping the weather will be cooler by then so I can wear some Christmas socks!!

Melanie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Rudy Day is only a couple of weeks away!!! So... I'm with aggy! I need to think about how I want to celebrate this Rudy Day.

Meanwhile...... are you working on the HGP or the HHP....... to help you prepare for Christmas 2009. My goals have been very very modest for each week. But the results seem MUCH bigger than the amount of effort put in! First week.... it was the front porch. Second week..... it is the living room. BOTH areas look so much better!!!!!

So.... since the plans DO help us keep working along..... maybe some fun stuff for Rudy Day!

WideEyes

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've not celebrated Rudolph Day this year! I know, I know......so this month I'm making Rudolph Day my offical start to planning Christmas 2009. Since Sept Rudolph Day is on a Friday and I have so much to do I'm having a Rudolph Weekend. :)

Updating my card list and making Christmas Cards is my first priority this year. I will also concentrate on my gift lists. I'm not crafty but really want to make a few gifts. My brother and his family are getting a new house. I want to make my niece a memory board, I just need to find out her new room decor. I want to make my parents & IL's something with the kids (ages 3 & 6) so I need to decide on those gifts. But I want to get all those gifts at least started this month. With everything else I do on the weekends, this will probably be about all I get to. Oh, and I want to make a Holiday Turkey dinner with maybe a few new recipes thrown in. :)

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
I'm doing the HGP (the LOOONG one that started in August) but I modify it to match my little rancher AND since I'm having my plumbing fixed in the bathroom I don't need to worry about that too much for now!

Tina

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This Rudolph Day I hope to work on Christmas Cards. If I could get them organized and started I would feel great!

Between normal housework and the HGP and the garden/canning, I'm setting my Rudy Day goal at a more reasonable level for me this month!

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I'm thankful it's on Friday as I will be celebrating over the weekend as well. I will probably do some minor Christmas shopping! I have my gift lists all planned so that's good! I should probably plan the holiday baking.

Swan

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2009
North Lincs, UK
I plan to continue working on my beaded / cross stitch ornaments. As I am trying to follow the HHP for Christmas Prep this year, I am hoping that this will cover other Christmas prep stuff that I need to do.

JayOkie

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
NE Oklahoma
I don't usually do Ruddy day ON Ruddy day :) just when I can work it in. I finished the last of the 4 mini-quilts for my sons & DIL's; total cost $4.00 for one backing (and have some of that left for another project) plus thread. Baby quilt just needs hemming, & it'll be done. Total cost - less than $3 for the binding. I hope to get that finished in the next couple of weeks plus 8 pillow cases (prints picked out for each of the recipients). Cost: thread. It's been an interesting challenge to use stashes of fabric from mine, my mom, & some donated by a neighbor. But I think I'm doing ok. Ruddy Day, whenever I can work it in, should be productive! Good luck to all of you on your projects!! JO

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I have Rudolph Day off this month. *Joy*
I bought "Meet me in St. Louis", which I haven't seen before, but apparently was the debut for "Have yourself a merry little Christmas" I plan on watching the movie with some hot chocolate and a candy cane and working on some mittens I'm hoping to finish for a friend for Christmas.
Thinking I will fill out the last of my plans in my Christmas notebook and set some definite dates for mailing out my packages.
Only 3 Rudy days left until Christmas! Wow!

angel-love

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
For September's Rudy day, I'm also going to make it a weekend long event. I'm going to work on calendars that I'm scrapbooking for my parents and inlaws. I'll pop in some Christmas music or a movie or two! I'm also planning on finishing up my Christmas list. I'd also like to do the 24 days of Christmas and will probably be working on that list also!!

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I plan to light my Christmas Cookie Yankee Candle,have a mug of hot chocolate and watch a Christmas special on TV!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Oh, FrostyShimmer - You are going to love the movie! At least, I hope so! I always have!

It is great because it kind of celebrates each season, letting you enjoy the characters enjoying summer, fall, winter and then spring...it is a beautiful movie!

Also the movie set on which Vincent Minelli and Judy Garland fell in love...

Enjoy!!!