Sick 5 year old celebrating Christmas now!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
This news story ran on my local news last night. A little 5 year old boy fighting cancer (since he was 1) just received news that his tumors are growing. He got home & wanted to put up the Christmas tree & decorations to make him feel happier. There is an address within the written portion of the story if you wish to send him a Christmas card. He also has a facebook page listed. Many families are putting up their own trees & lights in honor of Nathan. Here is a link to the video & the written story:

http://www.wset.com/story/19657190/boy-fighting-cancer-with-the-spirit-of-christmas

Bren

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Going to send him a card with a few ones in it...Praying for the family.

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Thanks Tricia! The story really tugged at my heart. Such a beautiful, sweet boy and his family seems so strong & full of faith. I couldn't help but think of MHH & the love of all things Christmas when I saw his story. I don't post here often , but I read all the time;o). I knew you ladies and gents would "get it"....Christmas in September isn't weird at all! lol.

Bren

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
The story of Nathan has been picked up by ABC World News & will run tonight (Sunday, 9/30/12) at 6:30 p.m.! His family is making Christmas bags for local hospitals to bring joy to other sick families. I think their project is about to receive an unbelievable boost;o). May God Bless this family as much as they are blessing those around them.

Bren

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
will send him a card. such a touching story thanks for sharing it

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
That is so sad. A friend of mine did this a couple of years ago - her sis (aged late 20s) was diagnosed with breast cancer and given only months to live in July, so they celebrated Christmas in September that year with the DSis very ill but enjoying the day. She sadly didn't see that Christmas (she didn't see October), and while the family still celebrated Christmas on the day for the sake of my friend's then 5 year old DS, it was a very hard thing for them to do. But I know that they really felt the September celebration was very important to have done.

I will try to send Nathan a card too.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
So sad .. I will be digging out my christmas cards this week and send him one.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I sent my card off, and popped back onto the news website (I don't have facebook) to see the item properly this morning, and found an update from 2 weeks ago where they had carollers had called to the family. And there are lots of cards arriving for Nathan and his family.

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
This week he flipped the switch to light the Christmas tree on top of the mountain in town (for the local University), became an honorary member for life of a local college baseball team, and was told he will be the Grand Marshal in our town Christmas parade. He has really put everyone in the Christmas spirit of giving!

Bren