Signs of Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
After reading these posts, I had to run into the Dollar Tree by me to see some Christmas decorations!! They already have Halloween/Fall and is starting to add a small isle of Christmas in the front. I couldn't resist a roll of Christmas wrapping paper with cute snowmen... When my DH saw it he laughed and said... "Here we go again... "

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Sorry, Kim, I couldn't get on line for a few days. I started taking harp lessons six years ago, when I was 59! It's something I always wanted to do, and I just thought it was now or never! I wish I could've done it 40 years ago! Harps are terribly expensive, and we were finally at a point where we could afford one. I now have a 36-string Celtic (lever) harp, and a new concert grand pedal harp! Unfortunately, at this age, your hands don't always do what you tell them to, so I'm not making progress as quickly as I'd like, but the process is very rewarding. A lucky thing with the harp is that even the mistakes sound good! As for Christmas music, I like to do Jesu Christe's Milde Moder (Medieval Easter Hymn that is appropriate for just about any church service at any season), Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming (my favorite carol), Whence is That Lovely Fragrance, and In the Bleak Mid-Winter. I'll be looking at some new music when I get home. Thanks for asking.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
ChristmasRose - I'm so inspired by you reaching out for your goal! What a great story. Thank you so much for sharing. I wish I could hear you play - I think harps are beautiful insturments.

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
I was walking past my local card shop - the card factory, and they had all their christmas cards out, along with money wallets and gift bags.

I tried to go in and have a peek but the door was locked. It was 5:10pm and they shut at 5. Maybe next week :)

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I was in a local charity shop on Saturday donating some clothes and I noticed they had a lovely Christmas card display. They also had Christmas stockings,mugs and decorations. I fully intend to go back and buy some cards and maybe some mugs as I didn't have any money with me at the time.:)

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
The post office here in the UK have released the first pictures of what their Christmas stamps will be this year. They are of Wallace and Gromit preparing for Christmas,singing Carols,posting cards etc. They go on sale on the 2nd November and are VERY Christmassy! I love them:)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Oh I was just getting ready top ost it from their FB page. LOL you beat me to it. I love the "hanitizers" as DS6 calls them. so do the boys. The page you gave shows a different pocketbacs. This one http://www.facebook.com/#!/bathandbodyworks?v=app_6009294086&ref=ts shows cupcakes ones that come in Oct. maybe they are doing 2 different ones.

Last edited:

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
I was walking past my local card shop - the card factory, and they had all their christmas cards out, along with money wallets and gift bags.

I tried to go in and have a peek but the door was locked. It was 5:10pm and they shut at 5. Maybe next week :)

I made time to go into Card Facory on Thursday. I now have all my Birthday cards for the rest of the year and close-family Christmas cards (Mum, Gran & Gramps, Aunt & Uncle and Cousins). The only Christmas cards I need to buy now are ones that are on sale after Christmas!

N

NewYearsEva

An end-cap at TJ Maxx was filled with Christmas items this morning! Wooden snowman candle holders and crystally Tabletop trees... Simply heaven!