Silver Dollar City @ Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
I have been 3 times at Christmas season!!!! Its BEAUTIFUL!!!!! We LOVE Silver Dollar City especially at that time of year.

It makes me feel like a little girl again. All the buildings look like magical Christmas houses with all the lights and decorations! The tree is Fantastic!!!!!! as of last year it is even BIGGER!!!! ( I haven't seen it yet but I am going to try to go this year.)
unfortunately I haven't been there for 4 years.
There is something magical about walking around drinking hot apple cider, listening to the music and taking in, absorbing, all the beautiful lights!!!!! I prefer to go early in the season as it usually isn't as COLD.

I do hope you get to go again!!!!!

Darcy

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
I've been but it was a long time ago.

I want to go to Branson this year and see the Osmond's Christmas show again. :bigsnow:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My birth mother lived in Branson for quite awhile and I was down in November one year BUT she didn't want to go see the lights! :( :( I REALLY DID BUT SHE WAS DRIVING AND .................. Did go to an afternoon show of the Osmonds and then an evening show of Mel Tillis. She worked at the Mel Tillis Theater in the Red Rooster gift shop.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I live close enough that I might take the kids this year. I love Silver Dollar City. My grandma used to take me and my cousin when we were little and we used to have so much fun.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
We're planning a trip up there this fall for DH and I to celebrate our 10th anniversary (it's where we went on our honeymoon, lol, and a cruise is not in the budget right now, so Branson it is!!) if we get our automobile issues resolved by then! Plus, we are also trying to budget a trip for the kids to go at Christmas time. We've been several times and we love it. I agree, walking around with a cup of hot cider, looking at the lights is the BEST!

By the way, if you go, don't forget to do the drive-through thing at the Shephard of the Hills-it's several miles of those antimated Christmas figurines...all kinds from Victorian carolers to nativity and kiddie stuff...just lovely and well worth the price of admission. Plus, you get to stay in your car and stay warm! Pack some snacks and drinks to enjoy and it's a great family trip...then if the kids get tired, they can just go to sleep!!