Small Trinkets for St. Patrick's Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
I found a tin in the shape of a four leaf clover that was filled with chocolates at the Karstadt downtown. I ended up buying two and eating the chocoloates (probably shouldn't have). My thought was that our little leprechaun would leave a little something for the girls in there. Any ideas on what that could be? My daughters are 4 and 18 months so nothing fancy yet! The tins are about the size of an Altoid tin so not very big. I don't want to do gold coins because I plan on looking for a little black pot to put those in and have the kids follow rainbow colored crepe paper to find it. Other than that, I'm at a complete loss! :leprechaun:

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
For the 18 month old, goldfish crackers would be perfect. Crayons would be fun, but with the shape they might not fit.

For your older daughter, some things I'd consider: a couple of barrettes or ribbon for her hair, green jelly beans or M&Ms, a necklace, little erasers in fun shapes, beads if she likes to string them for crafts, a shamrock pin or one of those tiny shaped notepads.

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Green beads (necklace) or other type of jewelry or hair clips/ribbons. Little girls usually like anything to do with dress up or looking extra pretty :irishkiss: .

Bren :lucky:

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
Those are all such really cute ideas, everyone! I agree, too, that little girls like finding a little trinket or "pretty" too.

In a magazine I was flipping through (I wanna say it was Family Fun, but I don't really remember) they made candy necklaces and bracelets by stringing together jelly beans - this might be cute with all shades of green jelly bellies, maybe?

:shamrock: