Snowman Kit

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My mom is supposed to try those for the youngster this year! I love this idea!

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
that one is cute! My mil makes a snowman kit for her craft shows every year. she makes them all out of wood, painted, with long dowels to put into the snowman....eyes, carrot nose, 3 buttons, pipe, and a red heart for love. :flower:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
That is so cute!! :frosty: I just love snowmen (but, I don't like snow....weird, huh?). I may have to do this for the grandkids. The little ones, especially, would love it!!

:bigsnow:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Did these a couple of years ago for kids classes put everything in a paint can, and painted snowmen on the cans. On the lid painted Mr./Mrs:" " class for fun just add snow. I dropped them off at the office at school and not even my kids knew it was me that did it. Teachers relized it when the 4 classes that got them were my kids classes.

I also added snowman soup for the whole class, along with sugar cookies and frosting and decorations for the cookies. DS 11 is in Sp. Ed. and they also redid a snowman this past year.

May have to redo this one again this year.

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
We did this a few years back also. DH did the dowel rod thing to the Blue Eyes, Red buttons for the mouth, and the Black buttons down his front. Bought Plastic Carrots from fall decor at Hobby Lobby on sale, and corn Cob pipes from Wal Mart after Halloween. The hats and scarves (both male, and female) came from the 20cent thrift store. Also picked up some aprons for the snowwomen. Put them in the 5qt icecream buckets. DH had sprayed them white and I wrote "Snow People, just add snow" on the lid. We did a snow man and a snow lady for each family and gave with new mittons and stocking hats as a family gift.

InstantMom

Retire Member
Aug 2, 2008
That is adorable! Since we live in Florida, I'll have to make a sandman version for my kiddos - would make a great gift to send to the cousins in GA and WI and NY, come to think of it. Maybe throw in a cocoa mix in a recycled Folger's canister and some cookies - oh, I love it when a plan comes together!

TFS!

MaryAnn

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
I found a beautiful snowman kit at a gift shop around here that came in a nice wooden/painted box.
I printed up a letter from Santa and told how he and Frosty had left it for the kids on Christmas.

That was a few years ago and the kids still love to talk about how Santa gave them the kit when they make a snowman. Just gave a bit more magic to it!

Kelly :skate: