Something New

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
Anytime I get a new haircut, new piece of clothing or jewelry---I feel kind of new and special myself. Anyone else feel like this? I'm getting ready to cut my long hair and I'm really excited because it always feels like a new start or new chapter!!

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I can relate! I love to change my hairstyle...DH never knows who will sit across from him at the dinner table..LOL.

I feel the same way with new perfume or a new pair of shoes....my two weaknesses!

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I got a perm on Friday and I love it. I wore my hair down instead of the usual ponytail to work today and I got at least a dozen compliments. :flower: It always makes me feel good to make a change and have people notice!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
At least once a year, sometimes two, I get a bug up my butt to get my hair cut in a new way, sometimes colored as well. LOL I have realized that I usually do this around a time of change in my life. I also view it as a fresh start for some reason. I'm getting my hair trimmed on Thursday, but just a trim this time nothing major. I am going to add in some side swept bangs though.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
For me it's always around the New Year when I feel like a change is in order for me. I take off during the last two weeks in December and go back to work in January a new woman. I change my hair style or color (sometimes I'll go dark, sometimes I'll go streak or a light brown color). Also I'll add a few new pieces to my wardrobe and several pairs of shoes/boots/handbags which really helps lift my spirits. I'll give myself a facial and get my nails done. This year I started wearing false eyelashes. I got really nice compliments. I've always wanted long eyelashes. A lot of my family members have really beautiful long eyelashes (men included) and I wonder why mine aren't long like theirs LOL

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
We've always said 'a change is as good as a rest'-it's like a breath of fresh air. Maybe that is why the change in seasons is so welcome around here! bun1 My thing is paint color! Everyone says I've increased the insulation value in our home because there are so many coats of paint on the walls!heehee!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Jackfrosty - I agree. Different paint colors create amazingly different moods!

Aggy!!!! What a wonderful idea!! We could put things into our I-me-mine stash to help us refresh our appearance for the new year!!! And - maybe this is the perfect reward for reorganizing our closet!!! Choosing something that our budgets will allow, which will help us freshen up our images!!!

On the Oprah show this week, there was a program devoted to the ten items that every woman needs to always have in her closet to always have something great to wear. These were not expensive items - most of them were purchased at Pennys. (I bet they are listed on her web site.) And the models were regular human women (as opposed to models). One of these items might be a great reward. :package:

I can definitely benefit from a new haircut or hair style. My hair is long right now and one length. I hate bangs on me so that is out and layers won't work unless I cut my hair shorter and considering I straighten my hair for a smoother look a perm is out of the question....lol

I always debate whether I should cut it but when push comes to shove I let them cut just enough to get rid of the dead ends.....I was thinking of highlights but IF I decide to really cut it I want my hair to be as natural as can be for locks of love!!! I have given my hair once before when I cut it short enough about 6 years ago and when I cut it short again I want it to go to those who need it and not some salon dumpster!!!

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
Aggy- don't you hate it when the guys get the traits we would give a digit for! My brothers eat like maniacs, and are thin as can be, me and my sister smell something cooking and gain a pound. So unfair!!

Anyway, i have been trying to change myself a bit too. I just need some changes with style both house and looks! I have changed some things decoratively speaking and I am growing out my hair to be a longer. Also tried some new makeup.

I think it's my way of getting through the winter blues!

bun1 Kelly