Started trying my recipes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
Good for you. I really want to start trying a new recipe every now and then, guess i need to actually write it on the calendar and make sure to shop for any needed ingredients.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I need to start doing this too. Thanks for the reminder.

:slap: Melanie

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I have too! I found a mix (I have Celiacs, so our home is GF. I use flour mixes for my baking :roll: ) for the icebox cookies my kids love, and I will try the shortbread this week. Still on the lookout for a gingerbread man!

Holiday Nut

Retire Member
Nov 5, 2007
Christmas Town
I really need to start trying my new recipes too. I have printed out so many -- I need to go through them and make a shopping list. THANKS for the reminder. :grin:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
The Pumpkin pie pudding is now in the crockpot.... can't wait to taste it!

Santa_Elf

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Wylie, TX (NE of Dallas)
I have several recipes that I need to try. This would probably be a good time to start. I am stuck in the house due to the weather here in Texas. I love the sound of the cream cheese and olive spread. I may have to give that a try. Luludou please let us know how the pumpkin pie pudding comes out, I love crockpot recipes.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Well, the crockpot pumpking pudding is very good. However 3,5 hours is long enough... mine was starting to burn on one side. So I guess it's not a dessert that takes enough time in the crockpot to make in the morning & eat at night when you get home from work.

luludou said:
Well, the crockpot pumpking pudding is very good. However 3,5 hours is long enough... mine was starting to burn on one side. So I guess it's not a dessert that takes enough time in the crockpot to make in the morning & eat at night when you get home from work.

Yeah I had the same results when I made mine. Definitely took less time than suggested. I think 3 hours was all mine needed. It was a big hit in the family. I will probably make it again around Halloween since Pumpkin Pie will be necessary for Thanksgiving. I always make sure I am home when trying a new crockpot recipe to make sure of the timing.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
christmascreations said:
luludou said:

Yeah I had the same results when I made mine. Definitely took less time than suggested. I think 3 hours was all mine needed. It was a big hit in the family. I will probably make it again around Halloween since Pumpkin Pie will be necessary for Thanksgiving. I always make sure I am home when trying a new crockpot recipe to make sure of the timing.

I had the same problem with the time. When I make it again, I'll try it on a Sunday, and put it in right before I leave for church. It will be done by the time we finish lunch. Now you guys have made me hungry. :rotflol:

:bigsnow:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
wow, yall have me wanting to try some new recipes also! I guess I will go ahead and start buying ingrediants to try the recipes! I am always looking for new ones too, and ones that my DD2 can help with! She loves being in the kitchen with me!