Stocking Stuffer Goodies

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
I love finding neat stocking stuffers or little goodies as gift add ons. This article from All You has some neat ones.

http://www.allyou.com/budget-home/money-shopping/stocking-stuffer-ideas

I'll add a few things I done & that have caught my eye this year.

Goodies in pockets. I added Burt's Bees lip balm, a travel size BBW lotion & mist into the pockets of a jacket for my sister the other year. I got the idea from Family Circle years ago as one of their reader tips. A grandmother suggested adding little goodies in pockets of clothing gifts to make them more exciting for kids. Works for adults too!

This year I've found tiny salt & pepper shakers at Cracker Barrel to add in w/dish towel sets. I got the solid white polar bears, but they had several to choose from including holiday ones. These would also be great in stockings. I need at least another hour at CB just to browse. So many neat items for adults & kids.

Anyone notice the fancy boxes of matches at BBW for a few dollars to add to candle gifts or in the stockings of candle lovers. Hope they still have some. The mini candles (3/$12) & candle sleeves ($3.50-4.50) at BBW are pretty nice too.

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=52453106&cm_vc=200

Please share some of the little goodies you're finding.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nice ideas Appleton.

I got a set of 3 trick golf balls for ds (21), dd (23) is getting some russian mustard, olives,. both are getting usb keys, beef jerky, underwear, 1 lottery ticket, a $20 bill, gum, chocolates, etc...

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Appleton-those are some great ideas, how fun to put a treat in the pockets! It's a fun idea to make a set. I hate stockings for the boys honestly but these are some interesting ideas.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
I like the idea of putting surprises in pockets

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I got Skinny Cards before they sold out this year (like they did last year before I got my hands on them). They are half the width of regular cards. Both kids are getting a double set. Good for little hands! :) Might need a Hoyles book of Card Games book to go with them.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I keep a running compiled list of stocking stuffer ideas - made by combining various lists into one over the years. But I did just add a couple of new ideas that I didn't have to my list.

Crayola makes these tablets that you drop into bath water and they turn the water colors. You can drop in a yellow one, then a blue one and you end up with green. Or red and blue to make purple and so on. DS loves those! We've been out for a while so I bought some yesterday and the little container will fit perfectly in a stocking! And the color does not stain the tub - I wouldn't leave the water sitting for longer than an hour or so - but we've never had an issue.

I also added to my list the idea of "Magic Sponge Capsules" - I'm sure there is a better name for them. But I see them at Dollar STores, Big Lots, Target $ Spot from time to time. Package of 12 capsules that when dropped in warm water will dissolve and a little sponge pops up and unfolds to reveal an animal shape.

I haven't been able to find any recently - they seem to show up more in summer time - but those are small, cheap and would make great stocking stuffers for little ones that are past the putting things in their mouth stage!