stockings

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

peppermint pattie

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Where do you hang your stockings if you don't have a mantle?
I hang ours on the coat rack. They had a thing at Kirklands last year that they down low. It sets on the floor. My daughter needs something like that.

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
The house we were renting the last two Christmases before we bought our house this year didnt have a mantle. I have a Primitve Beadboard Shelf that has pegs under it, lucky for me there were 5 pegs which gave me a spot for each of my five kids stockings.

Even if you dont have something like that if you wanted to get just a regular ol' peg rack you could find an unfinshed one and paint it to match your decor. Ive seen them for a really reasonable price at places like Michaels and Walmart(in the craft section).

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We've never had a mantle until this year, before we always bought those stocking holders that can sit anywhere and they have a hook on them to hold the stocking. We would put them on the TV or on a shelf.

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
We don't have a mantle but I do have an old drapery rod hanging over our large livingroom windows. The hooks there hang the stockings perfectly. When we changed the window treatments over to blinds I had dh leave the rod up because I use it as a design wall for my quilting. (I hang a flannel sheet there and can design my block layouts.)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
We used the back of the sofa.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
We use those big suction cup hooks and hang them all on the front window, right next to the tree. Just don't leave them there Christmas day very long full of chocolate goodies or it will all melt. Learned that one the hard way...LOL

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
Now that all of my DK are grown with famiy of their own, I do a total of 18 stockings. So I used to just keep them in my bedroom (in recent years) and hand them out to them after we opened gifts. Last year I bought 3 wrought iron stands at Current that stand on the floor (kinda like a coat rack) and each one holds 6 stocking. I really like them.
LOL but now this year we have a DGGK who will be born in Dec so again I am short of stocking hangers LOL

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
We hang ours on those 3M things that stick to the wall, I bought 3 silver ones to match our living room, and that is where they hang! Now that I have a bookcase in the living room, I am going to get the sitting mantle hangers on Christmas Clearence this year! But this year we are going to use them again!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Going up the stairs!

We have evergreen boughs going up our stairs with lights, the stockings hang from S hooks on the supports for the hand rail.