Team party need suggestions

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
My granddaughters softball team came in first place with a 7-1 record. We are giving a beginning of summer party for the team.

We will be taking them to a video game room. We'll supply them a fixed amount of quarters to play games with after they eat.

However, we can't quite decide what to feed them. We were going to do pizza but we just had that for a girl scout party. Thought of hot dogs or burgers but wanted to do something different. Any suggestions?

We're on a $100 budget here for the whole party. Got use of the room(not games tho) for free.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
What about sub type sandwiches? You can order really long ones from Subway or any local sandwich shop I'm sure. Sometimes I make my own, using a loaf of french bread and a variety of luncheon meats and toppings. Then you could serve chips on the side, veggies and fresh fruit salad.

Lisa

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I think that sounds great-even just see if parents can bring a plate of sandwiches-Then spring for the drinks and a winning cake. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me. They are probably going to be eager to play the games, anyway! Congrats on their win! :applause:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thank you ladies, we're thinking about possibly just getting them cake and ice cream. I appreciate any ideas/suggestions given!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Ok here's the plan at the moment lol We're going to feed them hotdogs, chips and cake. Then have them do a treasure hunt to find their loot... their quarters for the video games.

We think they'll have fun. We're having fun plan it.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thanks we plan on taking lots of picture. She's putting a scrapebook together(due day after party) for a girl scout badge. She's doing that on her ball seasons.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
The girls had a blast. We served hot dogs, chips, homemade chocalate & strawberry(hard to chose which was best lol) and soda.

We had a treasure hunt to find their loot(quarters). They loved searching for the clues.
We made the caramel cones(thanks ladies) and put each ones quarters in their own personalized cone. Then they played the video games.

One of the parent said he thought that(cones) was a neat idea.

It was a simple party but loads of fun.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Sounds wonderful. Glad they all had a wonderful time.

:flower: